Living It Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Living It Up Reviews

½ May 13, 2010
FINALLY, a Jerry Lewis movie which I found to actually be funny and where Jerry didn't on my nerves. Some the gags are a little old and simple, but they're funny.
April 16, 2010
For those who can tolerate Jerry Lewis? whiny and irritating characterizations better than myself will likely enjoy this film. It is an inferior remake of ?Nothing Sacred?, but it does have it?s good moments. The supporting cast outshines the stars, Dean Martin gets to sing a couple of catchy tunes. Light and usually entertaining.
April 16, 2010
60/100. For those who can tolerate Jerry Lewis' whiny and irritating characterizations better than myself will likely enjoy this film. It is an inferior remake of "Nothing Sacred", but it does have it's good moments. The supporting cast outshines the stars, Dean Martin gets to sing a couple of catchy tunes. Light and usually entertaining.
½ October 1, 2009
A typical Martin & Lewis scenario, with the boys living under a big lie that constantly threatens to undermine their shenanigans. This one's got a pre-Psycho Janet Leigh as the love interest. It's all very standard and workmanlike, nothing special about it all, but nothing too horrible about it either (except the usual ethnic humor).
August 23, 2015
Anyone's enjoyment of a Martin & Lewis movie is predicated on their enjoyment of Martin & Lewis to begin with. If you find the "handsome man and the monkey" concept that Lewis described funny, than this is a treat. Late enough in their career as a team that Lewis isn't always manic, this adaptation of Nothing Sacred still gives him plenty of room to flex his comedic persona, including a wonderful dance with North. And Martin gets to be romantic, charming, big brother-esque and warble 4 songs!
½ May 26, 2015
a remake of 1937 carole Lombard vehicle 'nothing sacred' with lewis playing the Lombard part!
½ January 27, 2011
This starts off a bit better than the other Martin/Lewis films I've seen, basically because it has... a plot. A sorta Capra-esque plot, which works, but then the film basically spends no time doing anything with the plot, and all of its time with extended sketches that... shouldn't have been extended.
½ May 13, 2010
½ October 1, 2009
October 18, 2008
Lewis, while very funny, grates on my nerves a bit. The classic cast give it a bit of a lift though.
June 15, 2008
I love Jerry Lewis. His adorable, funny, down on his luck yet happy go lucky attitude is what makes it so charming. One of my all time favorites.
½ February 16, 2008
Martin and Lewis. What more do you need?
½ February 5, 2008
My least favorite of the Martin and Lewis movies, but it still had its moments.
½ January 22, 2008
A movie to watch on TV. OK film.
½ December 27, 2007
Quite ok, but net the Best Maritn & Lewis film.
October 27, 2007
Watched with a pinch of nostalgia, the movie does still hold up. Light and entertaining.
October 17, 2007
quite enjoyable but it drags near the end. My favourite Martin and Lewis film
September 26, 2007
dean martin was really funny in this,made me feel sorry for lewis.