The Lost World - Jurassic Park (1997)
Average Rating: 5.7/10
Reviews Counted: 64
Fresh: 33 | Rotten: 31
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.1/10
Critic Reviews: 15
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 8
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 574,163
Just when you'd think that scientists would realize dinosaurs and humans don't mix, along comes The Lost World: Jurassic Park to prove you wrong. In this sequel, John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) summons chaos theorist and onetime colleague Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) to his home with some startling information -- while nearly everything at his Jurassic Park had been destroyed, engineers were also operating a second site, where other dinosaurs, resurrected through DNA cloning technology, had
May 23, 1997 Wide
Oct 10, 2000
Universal Pictures - Official Site
Watch It Now
Thomas F. Duffy
David St. James
Vanessa Lee Chester
Nick Van Owen
Special effects demand dino closeups, but the technical miracles seem sadly mundane.
Many people will find much to divert them in The Lost World, and not worry whether or not it falls short of Jurassic Park.
There are many more dinosaurs this time around, taking up much more screen time...But don't expect to be wowed as much as you were by Jurassic Park.
I never held The Lost World in such high esteem, but I watched it multiple times and always felt it got a bit of a bum rap. After checking it out again fourteen years later, I still feel the same way.
It's a fun ride, but not as nutritional as its predecessor strived to be...
The film is essentially a grab bag of sequences tied together by a minimal storyline that allows several abandoned scenes from the first book to reach the screen
This summer's blockbuster to beat is beach reading for the big screen, and why should it be otherwise?
More turns out to be less in this lacklustre sequel, though once again the effects are a thrill to behold.
The Lost World is like painting by numbers -- you get something that looks pretty good, but there's no creativity in getting there.
'm certain the fault lies in me, not Spielberg. I'm sure he doesn't care what I think, he still gets to keep the money.
If you liked Jurassic Park, you'll probably like this one a little less. What the first film did poorly, this film does worse.
Been there, done that. Now there's just more of it.
The story, it must be said, is no great shakes, although it's not half bad by action-movie standards. But the action -- that's why we go see movies like this -- is terrific.
Audience Reviews for The Lost World - Jurassic Park
- Ian Malcolm: Hang on, this is gonna be bad.
- Roland Tembo: Let's get this moveable feast on the way!
- Roland Tembo: Peter, if you want me to run your little camping trip, there are two conditions: first, I'm in charge, and when I'm not around, Dieter is. All you have to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job, and open your case of scotch when we have a good day. Second condition: my fee? You can keep it. All I want in return for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male, a buck only. How and when is my business. Now if you don't like either of those conditions, you're on your own. So go ahead, set up base camp right here, or in a swamp, or in the middle of a Rex nest for all I care. But I've been on too many safaris with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas, OK?
- John Hammond: Don't worry, I'm not making the same mistakes again.
- Ian Malcolm: No, you're making all new ones.
- Sarah Harding: [after re-capturing the baby T-Rex in San Diego] How do we find the adult?
- Ian Malcolm: Just follow the screams.
- Ian Malcolm: Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming.
There are no discussion threads for The Lost World - Jurassic Park yet.
Latest News on The Lost World - Jurassic Park
May 29, 2009:10 Years of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Ten years ago this month, excitement reached fever pitch ahead of the release of Star Wars: Episode...
November 5, 2008:Michael Crichton Passes Away (1942-2008)
Best-selling author, screenwriter, and director Michael Crichton has passed away at the age of 66....
May 17, 2007:Box Office Guru Preview: Mighty "Shrek" Returns To Claim Crown
Attacking theaters on the same May 18 date as the original ogre toon from six years ago, "Shrek...
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (DE)
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park (UK)