Love and Basketball Reviews

½ August 5, 2007
I loved this movie.
½ August 29, 2008
The soul of the game portrayed through the eyes of two life long ambitious contemporaries...This was an extraordinary romance. see this it is a keeper of a chic flick! LOL!
June 7, 2007
It was okay. I actually liked it. You'll like it whether you like basketball or not.
bamadeb77
May 23, 2009
This is one of my favorite movies! Sanaa Lathan & Omar Epps are excellent actors! This is a movie I could watch again & again. Beautiful story of two people who were meant to be together. So sweet & touching. :-)
July 21, 2007
After drumline ended I was too lazy to change the channel so BET stayed on for a few hours. I ended up falling asleep through this one. I'm pretty sure I knew exactly where it was going, and much like drumline it suffers heavily from the "black movie made by white people" flaw. Even the lead character who is supposed to be a manly tomboy basketball player looks like a supermodel. She has like the smallest pointiest nose and the lightest skin I've ever seen on a black woman ever. They put this little tiny scar on her face that is so overlookable and again the dialogue is laughably unrealistic. It's like a bunch of stuffy old white people in business suits in their 50s wrote the script. If it was a good movie they could have just hired an actress that looked like a real person. If they have to hire a supermodel to make you care about her then what does that tell you about the story, the acting, and the way it was shot? To me it says those things weren't good enough to stand on their own. Like I said I fell asleep so I didn't see it all the way through but trust me, I saw enough. It could only go down hill from there.
August 16, 2012
This was refreshing to watch... There's not another movie out there like this one. That what makes is refreshing to wach.
½ January 31, 2012
The second half of the film struggles to hold par with the first, but Love & Basketball is a film that will resonate with anyone who's been in love, on the court or off.
½ July 28, 2006
Pretty sensual scene that went a little too far for a PG-13 and some pretty raw dialogue.....man you can never trust these ratings, I don't know how they figure out what rating they give. Anyway I did enjoy the relationships, acting and storyline pretty well and a happy ending.
August 23, 2010
I thought this movie was pretty awesome circa eighth grade. The leads are talented actors, and their chemistry is, well, hot.
May 11, 2010
My wife loves this movie and I have sat through it twice, but I really do not care for it. Its just so cheesy and unremarkable. Not one of Omar Epps' better performances.
January 29, 2009
great romantic drama, that follows the lives of two childhood friends, their love of basketball and ultimately, each other.

good stuff. ♥

** review to be continued **
June 5, 2009
Classic Sub Urban Love story that doesn't really have the traditional "Happy Ending". I think this is what made me like this movie. It was real.
March 23, 2009
Love this Movie, I love how it shows childhood sweet hearts and growing up together growing apart and finding yourself with the one your meant to be with
March 19, 2009
luvved iit!!!!!!
my fav movie of all tyme!!!!
if yew didnt luvv this movie
then yew sukk big tyme lolz
½ July 5, 2008
Predictable, but definitely enjoyable. A good way to get guys to watch a love story, by making it about basketball.
February 9, 2009
This movie give steps on pursuing your dream and finding love in the process, as a female. She identify her mistakes and believed love will conquer all...
December 29, 2008
i love this movie! it is an all time favorite no other love story/movie about basketball and love would be able to top this!!!!!
October 3, 2007
Its the perfect love story.

Omar Epps is fine, he gotta 8-pack. It was so romantic. They had the ideal relationship.
March 14, 2007
My all time favorite movie...Its the love story that will never get old.

The best love story ever!!!
½ July 23, 2008
Omar Epps! He's so great in this romance/love story. He really holds up his half of the story and the whole bond they with basketball is really cute and romantic.