—— The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Love N' Dancing Reviews

Cynthia S

October 13, 2010
I am amazed at this movie. I had no idea what to expect, and I ended up really, really liking it. Betty White showed up for a minute, and had a one liner that absolutely cracked me up! Billy Zane was very funny and very charming. It has been a really long time since I have seen him in a movie that he played that kind of character. That man is timeless. I dont think that he ages at all. The whole quality of this movie is really great.
Joseph E

October 20, 2009
I couldn't enjoy this "Energetic Filled Melo-Drama that isn't sure if it is Dumb Enough to be "Dirty dancing", or smart enough to survive as Original, Like" Save the Last Dance".
Angela A

April 29, 2012
The costumes and dancing were great, but the rest of the movie was pretty underwhelming.
bamadeb77
bamadeb77

May 4, 2009
Another dancing movie but this one seemed to win me over..I am a big of Amy Smart...Billy Zane did a great job too.
Hamee
May 4, 2009
This was an amazing movie. I loved the transformation of buttoned up school marm to confident, sexy swing dancer. The story was sweet and the characters were very well developed. Who really didn't hate Zane's character by the end of this one? I loved the dancing, I loved the plot, and I loved the ending.
jam233
October 15, 2009
Not for one second was this film ever convincing. Amy Smart gives the only secent performance, Tom Malloy?s performance is bad enough to hurt the entire film. Even the dancing wasn't very impressive. It's a cliche ridden mess.
May 1, 2014
Pretty bad as far as plot, acting, etc. and so-so in dancing.
March 15, 2013
Fantastic dancing and good story loved it .
November 27, 2012
i want to own this on dvd i found it first on netflix thanks to a friend that loves west coast swing dancing. so glad i took the time to watch it one of my favs.
January 9, 2012
ic story, but the story itself is still nice..
November 6, 2010
I loved the soundtrack
jazza923
October 15, 2009
Robert F.
September 8, 2009
The acting and dialogue of the principles is awkward and unconvincing, but the dancing in this movie is the real thing.

Many of the world's best swing dances are shown, some doing far more than just a cameo. If you are a dancer, you will see things to take home and work out.

Given this is a first - using real swing dancers throughout the movie, both onscreen and in creative roles behind the screen - you have to cut the movie a lot of slack and understand that it is based more on realities than Hollywood fantasies. Overall, we enjoyed it a lot!
Paul W.
May 11, 2009
Rarely do theatrical releases emphasize the important theme of "ability" versus "disability" that this movie does so well. [b]Love N' Dancing[/b] is not just a film about someone who is hearing-impaired finding love and acceptance, but it highlights a theme important to life: accepting our own limitations and finding the courage to triumph over them. Sometimes you need someone else to help you realize that you have more courage and determination than you give yourself credit for. With these qualities, you are then able to harness the power within to challenge, and eventually overcome, the face of adversity.

In this movie, the adversity is a hearing loss. Jake has failed to accept his hearing loss as among the greatest gifts that he has been given. He meets Jessica, a teacher who lacks self-confidence, during an assembly at a New Jersey middle school. Jake and Jessica begin to support each other as the movie progresses, with Jessica helping Jake fully accept his hearing loss while Jake helps Jessica learn to believe in herself, subsequently increasing her self-confidence in teaching and in dancing.

Billy Zane's character (Kent) fails to support and encourage his fiancee (Jessica) emotionally in her new endeavor. Kent also, by extension, represents those kinds of people you encounter who are usually negative in life and actually prevent you from achieving high self-esteem and self-confidence, which are so important in realizing your dreams. Most "relationship" movies don't emphasize this "ability" aspect as well as this movie does. For these reasons, I loved Love N' Dancing and the important life messages it conveys to the viewer. I urge you to see the movie with this philosophical understanding, and you may never look at a "disabled" person in the same way again!

[i]I should know. I have triumphed over my disability![/i]