Love's Unfolding Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love's Unfolding Dream Reviews

March 4, 2011
This was not my favorite of the series. Mainly because it was very different from the books. But I did enjoy it.
½ April 22, 2008
Love Comes Softly was and is still my favorite, it is the closest to the books. Then they really strayed. While this is not like the books either it is closer than the other have been.
May 16, 2008
I just saw this one. And I admit, it didn't make me cry, but I still loved it, and I have watched it 3 times already.
February 21, 2008
Not a bad series, but they just keep getting sappier and deadlier. I've begun to call the series 'Love's Unending Hardships'. Based on a book series they have solid storylines, but...there is only so much sap I can take.
December 21, 2007
Another amazing movie! Some of the ones in the series are kinda corny, especially the 5th, but good none the less.
½ April 29, 2007
Love this movie.Very touching how family reaches out and is there for each other. BUt not happy they never mentioned Jeff nor Aaron and Arnie.
July 22, 2007
Just as good as the rest, though it too has new acter/ and actress for old roles. And still acts as if Jeff never existed.
½ September 24, 2015
6. The story of Belinda: When romance collides with career.

The sixth installment in the Hallmark's 'Love Comes Softly' movie series. I can't believe I have crossed the halfway mark with this in the series, yet a long way to go. I really enjoyed so far with many ups and lows. I am happy with this part compared to the previous two where the series hit the rock bottom. This film was much better and had a very nice storyline. Yet a few more new characters were introduced as the storytelling expanded to the next timeline.

I am just recalling the whole series very briefly to remind you that it all began with Marty and then moved later to her step-daughter, Missie. From this, the third generation story begins with Missie's step-daughter, Belinda. So the theme is getting little modern while proceeding in the each film in the series. Modern means that contrasts with the period of time when the story sets in. The story remains still in the cowboy culture and explores the various subjects.

"The only thing you have to rely
on this world is yourself."

One of the best movie in the series that perfectly represents the title. Most importantly for the first time the story focuses other than the family issue. Well, there's romance as well, which is short and cute. The actual narration is Belinda's interest in taking up her career very seriously. For a late 19th century woman, even in the New World that was a challenging thing. So how everything goes is the entire movie.

Well, 'Love Comes Softly' and deaths in its all the films are not co-incident, but a customary, that's how I felt so far. Some of the deaths were very emotional and connected deeply with the main characters, those had a strong hold in the storytelling. But some were simply unnecessary, like in this one perhaps. Maybe it was a lesson, a turning point, or medicines were not advanced to save people from the deaths or 'to make realise its value/worth' kind of stuff. So I accept it in this, because it was not that bad, but the way it happened was so silly.

Besides the 'deaths', the loverboy is the other thing who comes from nowhere and steals the woman of the movie. I mean in a good way, but I don't know, maybe that is the way it was happening in those times. Like I mentioned earlier, it's flourishing towards the 20th century. Maybe the next movie would take place in the city, but have to wait and see. Because that is an exciting thing to see a city for the first time. I had a very good time with this, and believe the forthcoming films would be even better. So see you later...

7/10
June 22, 2012
i love these movies!!!! They are so cute!!!!!!
½ December 25, 2011
Nice feel-good movie. Unbelievable how many "good" things can happen in one movie.
½ November 4, 2009
This Is A Really Good Film And I Really Like It And Scout Taylor-Compton Was Very Good In This Movie And It Don't Got No Foul Words In This Movie Because It's A Christian Movie!
March 4, 2011
½ August 25, 2010
I wish I was as strong-willed and spirited as Belinda was!
August 6, 2010
Cute story with good acting and a good story
March 17, 2010
Feminism is evident throughout the movie. If Belinda knew her Bible better, she would know that women are to be treated as the weaker vessel--with honor. This movie makes men out to be rude and blind if they believe women should stay home and work, when the opposite is really true. I sort of enjoyed some of the story, though (it was basically clean and interesting), but not one I'd recommend.
½ April 15, 2010
I love this movie. Scout Taylor Compton was fantastic in this movie. One of her best performances ever! Very excellent movie. Highly recommended.
March 12, 2009
Cute story. I repeat again though: nothing can ever be as good as the first 2.
½ December 22, 2009
Centers on Missy's adopted daughter Belinda Tyler as she follows her dream. Belinda wants to be a doctor, but this time period does not look kindly on women with careers, especially one in the medical field. But Belinda is a strong-minded woman and deeply wants a career as a doctor. She manages to prove her abilities while assisting the local doctor and caring for an old woman who recently experienced a stroke. Belinda nurses her back to health and helps her regain the use of her arm again. Belinda also meets the nephew of their deceased neighbor. Drew comes to town to get his uncle's farm in shape to sell. After that he intends on returning to New York to join his father's law practice. He has no desire to stay in this small, unsophisticated town. But after meeting Belinda he has second thoughts. Belinda also feels something for Drew, but she is conflicted because she wants to be a doctor. Even though the norm of the time is for a woman to get married and have children, Belinda wants more. She has a calling and a great mind for medicine.
November 29, 2009
Its not my type of movie but anything with Scout Taylor-Compton gets 5 stars.