Love's Kitchen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love's Kitchen Reviews

March 5, 2015
Warm, uncomplicated, familiar and satisfying, like a good British meal (nonoxymoron, just rare) should be...
August 20, 2013
Boy meets girl, someone pisses someone else off unintentionally shit hits fan. Predictable as hell but there were some very funny parts thrown in there to make it at least some what fun to watch.
½ August 11, 2013
I only watched it to find Ramsay, which was not worth my time because he's in it for about 4 seconds.
January 4, 2013
Got sucked in with the food/restaurant aspect. Acting was not the best and overdone, writing was less than stellar, and the camera work was pretty subpar. Has 'direct to TV' feeling.
December 24, 2011
interesting movie but I did not like it. At least the ending was good. I was surprised that Gordon Ramsay was not in it very much.
November 15, 2011
The Gordon Ramsay cameo (and it IS a cameo, don't be fooled by the cover art) is cute, but other than that, there's not much to like about this movie. It's very dull and draggy, and none of the characters are particularly dimensional or even all that likeable. Just more background noise, for the most part.
October 10, 2015
Dougray Scott is always a great actor and this film gives us fine acting, a sweet story, a delicious romance, and silly antics in a truly beautiful setting.
August 2, 2015
The story had potential but this was a cheese fest with a low rate TV movie style production with corny acting and directing.
July 19, 2015
This is a great Date Movie! Loved the pop in spots by Gordon Ramsey. They were funny. Hate I didn't recognize the name of it when I saw it on STARZ 4yrs after it came out. It's a typical love story but I like those so my 3 stars might be more generous than others. There were some funny moments too it isn't a complete chick flick.
January 22, 2012
Really boring. Couldn't get into it.
March 5, 2015
a cliche and undemanding romcom to enjoy after a long day or on a cold night... and i am a fan of Forlani's good looks, of course.
½ June 29, 2014
I wanted to and expected to enjoy this but its basically Britain's equivalent to a Lifetime movie with an absolutely unimaginative story, flat romance, bland characters and filled with every rom-com movie cliché going. I was actually surprised by how, well not bad exactly -because the acting and production is fine but just unoriginal this was. I did enjoy the leads (Dougray Scott & Claire Forlani) but their romance was still pretty uninspiring. Scott plays a successful chef and restaurateur in London who loses his zest for cooking after his wife dies in a car accident. With encouragement from friends (including a cameo from Gordon Ramsey) he buys a country pub and turns it into a gourmet restaurant. Forlani is a food critique and his mousse catches her eye. 6/28/14
September 19, 2013
The trifle looks immense! Other than that it's the usual rom-com rubbish. Put your brain beside you and you're onto a good thing :)
½ May 15, 2013
hysterically horrific. imagine a lion with the head of a dolphin and tiny scorpion legs. such a mental image is indistinguishable from this mess of a movie.
August 20, 2013
½ August 11, 2013
July 18, 2013
A similar appeal to the movie "No Reservations" with a British twist.
½ June 16, 2013
I was suprised this was a film. It was much more a Sunday afternoon treat.

Its has a good cast but that doesnt mean its a good film. Its weak and casting Forlani as an American is a weird move. It feels like a tv series pilot

And Gordon Ramsey - stick to the kitchen
½ May 12, 2013
a successful English chef n a single dad and and divorced American lady's romance. i don't think this movie is realistic.