63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

A Low Down Dirty Shame Reviews

deano
deano

June 9, 2009
Not bad action-comedy of Keenen Ivory Wayans' film. Jada Pinkett's animated performance as Shame's fast-talking girl Friday is one of the few outstanding elements in this otherwise so-so spoof of blaxploitation pictures.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 25, 2007
i am chuy yung phat, do you know what this means?

yea, it means you come with an egg roll and mi so soup.
Roy G

October 22, 2006
This comedy is either a hit-or-miss
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

November 18, 2011
Peaches : Shame might be soft on you, but I can see through all that Maybelline. And you ain't nothin' but a gold-diggin' skank, tryin' to get a man for all he's worth. You hurt Shame again, you betta watch yo' back!

Shame: I'll go take me a shower and pretend that I didn't wake up in The Crying Game!

Shame (played by Keenan Ivory Wayan) is a former cop now a private detective with, who is broke. When an old friend offers him a job to track down a criminal who Shame believes he had killed, he takes the case for personal as much as financial reasons and soon finds himself in a whole world of trouble. Meanwhile his sassy secretary Peaches (a hilarious Jada Pinkett), tries to help him but the sexual tension between them also proves to be a distraction.

My favorite part was when Peaches punched out a soap opera actor Brad because his character had sex with one of the other characters that she didn't like haha. Another funny scene is when Shame has a couple dogs chasing him and he started singing a song by James Brown to calm them down. (Well they do say music sooths the savage beast lol) And what about that bedroom scene when he wakes up next to ~Girlfriend~
chadroesti
chadroesti

February 22, 2007
After watching In LIving Color - though this would be good...sucked
M9z8759483
March 15, 2010
funny film very serious funny and violent at the same time I always enjoy the wayans brothers films even their skits on in living color and the show the wayans brothers
RachelJezel
October 20, 2009
Noone will ever claim this is a great movie, but it is a "good" movie with some points of hilarity, a cool hero, a spunky sidekick, and a decvent smattering of action. Keenen is the best of the Wayans to me since he is the only one who can take acting seriously.
QuitaL
October 18, 2008
not really a keenan ivory wayans fan. this is one of those hood movies that a lot of people like....
August 15, 2007
Pretty decent flick. Seemed a bit low budget, but still OK. Salli Richardson's character was very sexy.
BrokenHatori
April 23, 2007
"And You mister coffee...if you want some steamed milk with your double expresso...i'm your man" THIS MOVIE WAS HILLARIOUS!!!!!
February 11, 2007
good action movie, along with some decent story line. Look forward to seeing everytime I go over by the coz house.
banedraven
January 18, 2007
Don't remember this one clearly enough to give it above/below an average rating. A re-viewing is in order.
dreamyeyez
July 4, 2006
I always thought this movie was soo funny. I still laugh at the jokes like it's the first time I seen it.
prentisminix
August 15, 2006
keenen ivory is up there with the best of the wayans brothers...it's between him and damon, but he's cool in this one...i liked it!
February 23, 2006
Actually kind of fun. Sort of a funnier version of "The Last Boy Scout." But a little less violent. Nothing special, but just like the poster says, "explosive action...funny and entertaining."
Sin K.
May 20, 2014
It's a shame that they don't have Black critics who can especially review Black films. It's sad that I even had to hint at such a thing, however, it's clear that such movies don't get a fair shake otherwise. This movie is decent, and funny. When it comes to Black films, I simply ignore what "professional" critics have to say, as they're usually dead wrong.
January 25, 2012
This film is nice to watch, if you don't take it seriously.
Spinstar Holomeme
October 31, 2010
I thought Shame's casual attire looked very nice on him.