Lulu on the Bridge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lulu on the Bridge Reviews

½ April 8, 2008
I had high hopes for another film starring Keitel and written by Paul Auster. It really wasn't that great and the payoff was more convoluted than not.
½ August 28, 2008
A jazz saxophonist (Harvey Keitel) loses his capability to play when he is injured in a shooting at a cafe where he was playing. He sinks into depression when everyone charges in to take care of him, including his ex-wife (Gina Gershon). However, he discovers a stone with a telephone number attached. Returning the stone, he meets a young aspiring actress (Mira Sorvino) who in one of those film coincidences is listening to his music. Soon the two begin an affair which is fouled by his over-obsessiveness with her which costs them both a job at a restaurant. Willem Dafoe also appears as an anthropologist who is out to get the stone.
August 17, 2014
I swear I saw this movie several years ago and I thought I liked it, but watching it again today, I was like -- what was I thinking!? What a terrible waste of time. Yuck.
June 26, 2014
Another pleasantly odd Paul Auster flick.
December 18, 2013
I'm sorry this is just one of the worst movies of all time. Something about me doesn't want to watch a horrible plot and Willem Dafoe sing 'Singin in the Rain'. Terrible acting and an embarrassment to filmmaking. Easily the worst movie I've ever seen.
January 23, 2013
A flawed and confusing film that is ruined by it's ending.
½ September 1, 2012
lighting was awesome. and fun to see all those familier faces incl lou leed. was it a trend to play with the 'time' or 'other dimention' stuff in late 90s wasn't it.
August 13, 2012
Disappointed with the depressing ending but the first hour of this movie is great.
February 2, 2009
A WEIRD FILM THAT I REALLY LIKED
SORVINO IS A M A Z I N G
½ September 18, 2011
Slow. The acting was horrible.
June 17, 2011
Really? Did you just "super Mario bros. 2" me?
January 16, 2011
What the hell Paul Auster??? The dialogue in this is so fucking horrible I had to stop an hour in.
September 8, 2010
This film is sadly overlooked and misunderstood. Stumbling upon it unknowingly, I was pleased to find I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen. The performances were graceful and captivating and the mystique behind the film inspires the interpretive nature of the mind. This is clearly spiritual symbolism, and merits an investigation of what the film suggests are the deepest elements of human life.
April 16, 2010
Just loved it... If I ever go to purgatory - and why shouldn't I - there'll be Dafoe. For sure.
March 6, 2010
Mira Sorvino is lovely, Keitel and Dafoe are good, but the movie is talky and sooo booooring...
December 22, 2009
daha farkli bir film bekliyordum nedense...etkileyici... lynch yada cronenberg tadinda...
½ December 18, 2009
The whole film is a mess. The synopsis I read at the moment I bought the video was much more interesting that what I watched in the end. I didn't like any of the performances, the love story is very quick and empty, the ending is absurd. The attempt to honor Pandora's Box with an internal remake was good but the writter and director got lost in trying to put the elements of the silent movie along with the other ideas.
½ July 30, 2007
What a weird film. Not sure if it wants to be a sci-fi or romance film, this movie careens back and forth between both. Much of Sorvino's performance works, and Willem Dafoe is amazing, but it's as if the movie would work better in David Lynch's hands.
February 17, 2009
El mejor, mas conciso y conmovedor relato de Paul Auster. Cine de gran belleza. Maravilla lirica, delicado e intenso prodigio de cine de amor, introspectivo y elegante (Diario El Pais)