63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Mad City Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

April 20, 2009
I quite liked this movie, dustin hoffman was brill and so was john travoltas acting.
John travlta is a security guard who gets sacked but he wants it back so it turns into a hostage situation with dustin playing the reporter and in the heeart of it all.
I think this is a brilliantly acted surperb film with a heart wrenching ending and something to relate to as well its has some humour and you feel sorry for travoltas character !
well worth a watch !!
Ross C

January 25, 2009
A thought-provoking thriller that takes embedded journalism to a new level when a TV reporter (Hoffman) finds himself trapped in an accidental hostage situation. John Travolta plays to perfection the role of a simple, irate museum security guard who just wants his job back. Costa-Gavras takes his scathing satire of media influence a bit too far, but as this was intended to be a mainstream movie he had to make the satire obvious. An interesting plot and enjoyable to watch even if it was a bit slow at times.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Good movie. John's character holds schoolchildren hostage.
Joseph E

December 21, 2008
This movie is a tough call for the two lesding men! Maybe a little less acting, and more entertaining.
Erin C

August 6, 2008
Unexpected ending, but the movie was boring overall. I don't know if it was that the actors were wrong for this movie or if it was just a bad movie.
thoms51
November 21, 2009
Travolta's flexability is awesome in this "out of character" role. Can't imagine anyone doing it better.
logo373
November 10, 2009
I really disagree with what others said that this movie was bad and boring and whatever they say...This movie might be missing a little action and has a little too much dialogue but overall, it's pretty interesting for me, and besides I think that John Travolta has done a good performance. I like this movie
FernandoTIm
January 9, 2007
Como todo Costa-Gravas, o filme possui sua mensagem.

Aqui, é como a mídia influencia nossas vidas. Boas interpretações dos protagonistas e um show à parte de Hoffman, extremamente generoso nas palavras de Travolta.
Aaron2100
July 11, 2006
This film is actually pretty good. While didn't do that well and think some passed on it. It is interesting look at the media and how we are facinated by "crazy gun men".
June 15, 2006
A movie that truly shows how awful the media is. It's so good and both actors are amazing in it. John Travolta plays the confused, not bright man in a bad situation brilliantly and you instantly learn to love and hate Dustin Hoffman in his role. I saw this movie when it came out and it's been a favorite ever since. I'd rented it maybe 4 times before i finally bought it.
June 27, 2014
Well this movie surprised be by being really good. There a definitely some things taken from earlier films (ace in the hole big time) and many hostage movies around this time. I have to give this film credit though it bring up lots of issues and says a lot of things about our culture and the media and human ambition. I also think hoffman and travolta give great performances and work well together. Alan Alda Again does a turn on his usually likable self and is somewhat of the villain, even though everyone had a bad side in the movie. This time i go against the reviews, this is a very well done movie.
February 8, 2014
I've never been so bored in my entire life.
August 6, 2013
If there was a perfect film that will illustrate the corruption of media, this is it!
November 11, 2012
When an ordinary guy blows his top and accidentally fires a shotgun, a reporter makes it a bigger news seizing his opportunity at a big story. Pretty flawed at heart and certainly not as impressive, controversial and meaningful as other far better Costa-Gavras works.
January 4, 2013
After all these years I remember it... that has to count for something!
August 18, 2012
the film struck a chord with me when I was 10 seeing it in theaters but seeing it on the small screen as an adult, I felt unimpressed
January 20, 2011
Dog Day Afternoon-wannabe.
September 29, 2011
I don't know why everyone is is shooting this film down.
It's a good film, with true realism to it.
Andre V.
April 20, 2011
The movie uses some cliches to show his point, but it still has a point to show