91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

August 2, 2010
Sweet but kind of slow.
Anthony L

October 2, 2009
A slow starting documentary that unexpectedly becomes quite captivating.
Leigh R

August 6, 2008
Fantastic... I was cheering for those kids. :)
Jennifer X

June 7, 2007
OMG what a cuuute documentary! totally got shafted at the oscars, cause i was like MANOHMAN little fifth-graders you have way more hip movement than me.
Sunil J

August 15, 2007
Cute kids dancing. It's sweet but in a PBS special kind of way.
May 17, 2012
Solid documentary on a ballroom dance program for NY public schools. There is an annual competition pitting 5th graders from every school against one another in foxtrots, salsas, and tangos. The film follows a couple different schools, one perennially excellent thanks to a hard-driving dictatorial and passionate teacher/coach, as they progress through the competition or falter. The kids are kids, awkward and surprising in equal measure, and it all makes for a good documentary.
May 16, 2012
The only other thing more prevalent on primetime television now than singing is dancing. This doc from Marilyn Agrelo goes deeper into that topic than say, Dancing With The Stars, and it's a pleasure and tremendously entertaining. Her doc follows a school of fifth graders from New York City, all of them representing different income levels and all of them learning to bust a ballroom move during a ten week course. It's swinging and inspiring, especially listening to the kids themselves and watching them stut their movies.
August 24, 2008
Extremely inspirational movie about how with the appropriate adult leadership, kids can become focused, hard-working, and dedicated. As mentioned in one of the movies, one of the schools is in an area where 97% of the families are in poverty. We don't need school vouchers which can potentially move money away from these schools but we need better school programs and better role models for these kids.
lisatoday1
January 1, 2009
An inspiring story of kids learning to ballroom dance but of course the real story goes much deeper. I loved it and the kids!
sepio41
November 23, 2008
this is a great documentary about new york city 5th graders as they learn the dulaine ballroom method, as well as their teachers in teh school system.
April 16, 2008
This film was great! Watching these inner city kids learn to ballroom dance is inspiring. Great documentary.
chantillypatino
February 4, 2008
Such a cute movie. Shows the talent of a few good teachers and the students of some NY schools. Great for anyone who loves both dance and children!
happybunniescute
November 17, 2007
i saw this movie at school before i went into ballroom danceing and i loved it now i am doing ballroom danceing in miieyy school and i love it so much we are going to put on a show Dec 5,2007 at PS.219 it is going to be amazing i want to get this movie and i might get to join the rainbow competition like the one in this movie o0o0o0o0o i hope i can get into the competition wish me good luck in class and show and ill update you guysz about the competition if i get in lubbersz this movie hope you really see it <33 =] =) ; ]
August 22, 2007
Entrancing documentary about inner-city elementary school kids who are forced to take ballroom dancing as part of their curriculum. Although I initially checked out the film simply because it was shot on the Panasonic DVX100 camera (which I own), I soon fell under the spell of these personable pre-teens, who seem simultaneously repulsed by, and transfixed by, the opposite sex. An intriguing character study of our most awkward years.

(And the footage looked great, in case you were curious.)
July 9, 2007
In the documentary style, it is nothing special frankly. However, the kids, their stories, the dancing make it fantastic. I'm a big, awkward, Irish guy and it made me want to dance. You cheeks will hurt from all of your smiling throughout the film.
egirl4
June 28, 2007
With such a title it is hard to believe that itis about enter-city elm. school kids. :) AWESOME Movie!!
distelhurst
July 6, 2007
Not only is the subject matter of this documentary interesting but the filmmaker allows the kids to shine, as opposed to inserting herself in the film.
paigemu
June 12, 2007
Pretty much the only documentary I've ever seen. A joy to watch, I was literally jumping up and down at the end.
April 7, 2007
Really Good. The kids are really good and so cute. It's wonderful how this program changes these kids lives more schools should have a program like this one.