Malibu Beach Reviews

September 22, 2011
another one from the early days. I was probably only 11 or 12 when I saw this on cable but it's more nostalgic on re-viewing. Mischaracterized as a 'beach girls' movie, this is more of a drama characteristic of other late 70s coming of age movies.
October 9, 2010
Typical beach fare with bikini babes and guys vying for the attentions of said babes, has a recurring gag of a dog stealing bikini tops that made me laugh for no reason other than how corny it was.

Worth a look, it's good silly fun.
February 22, 2014
See that dog? He takes some beach goers bra about 50 times. There is plenty of boobs and teenage antics in this snoozer, but a cohesive narrative never appears. We have the cast of four being randy carefree teens in a time when you could do that and expect to get a job later. The closest thing to a conflict is an older muscleman harassing them as a display of bravado. I give this movie points for a hilarious ending worthy of Baywatch that feature a fake AND real shark attack. But other than that, viewable only as something for your "So bad its good" movie nights with pals.
½ July 24, 2012
Oh the 70's. This was included in my box set DRIVE IN CULT CLASSICS 32 MOVIES. TERRIBLE. Watched this tonight only because I thought it would be amusing.
April 26, 2012
I was born in the early 70's so this '78 movie is before my time. That said, I love the 70's & 80's teenage/coming of age movies. This movie is good fun. Dugan's character is strange but I assume these types of 'heros' existed on beaches in the US during this time. I enjoyed this brainless 90 minutes where the story moved seamlessly enough, the characters where likable and the nostalgia of those relaxed teenage years comes flooding back. (What is with American beach movies and the beaches with no waves. I'm Australian and beaches without waves are called lakes!!)
Did I use the FF button: No