20% The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Man About Town Reviews

William G

March 8, 2007
Rather inert both comedically and dramatically. Affleck tries.
Jason R

February 26, 2012
One of the best performances in recent memory from Ben Affleck. The movie is all over the place as far as the plot goes, just a lot of stuff going on in this movie. But, it meshes fairly well and in the end. Man About Town is worthy of your precious time.
John2223
John2223

October 1, 2009
It is ok to check it if there is nothing else to watch but it is a movie that I would not recomment. It has some positive dialogues and some funny situation.
Chosen 7

August 26, 2007
Good film, great writing and acting.
June 28, 2007
Never even heard of this one before I stumbled across it on TV. glad I did found it had a lot of funny points.
March 3, 2008
throughout this movie I never really understand why the wife wants to stay with this guy. What's so great about him, then again-there really isn't much depth to either character? This is the kind of movie you can have playing in the background and still be able to follow what's going on.
3 out of 5 stars, not bad acting or story really-it just was a really boring movie to me.
November 1, 2007
I was with it for a while, but the pacing was all over the place. This can't have been the director's cut, right?
heybarbara
October 28, 2007
there's nothing here. no climax, no romance, no funny moments, nothing at all. this is not a bad movie, but it is extremely cliche.
robertedouglas
August 24, 2007
I really enjoyed this movie, Of course anything with Ben Affleck is always good because even if it's not, you can still drool over the scenes. With that said the plot and storyline were very good.
nativesunljt
June 24, 2007
Actually engaging and pretty funny. Affleck is actually really good in this film. I actually liked this film. I really couldn't stand Bai Ling though but at least she didn't try to sing in this movie.
twanUM
June 24, 2007
When Binder misses he misses pretty big... I want to root for Affleck, but there's really just nothing to like about this movie.
abbywaynegacy
May 18, 2007
A very entertaining hidden gem because I had not really heard anything about this movie and just happened upon it on the shelf at the video store. I am a big fan of Ben Affleck too so I knew I had to see it. Because the story revolves around Jack's journal, we get a lot of his voice over narrative which is very revealing and allowed me to really get to know, like and care about his character. But the whole film is filled with likable, funny and charming people. There were some laugh out loud moments like a hilarious scene where Jack is in serious pain at the dentist office. Favorite scene: A chase with Jack and his co-workers that leads to a karate stand-off!
joslynhutchins
March 28, 2007
The best Ben Affleck movie seen to date! This movie is very real....dealing with true issues everyone has...and the big question in peoples lives, WHO AM I? I loved the story, plot, acting,ect great film eriod.
MsPoison
February 9, 2007
Not bad...kinda confussing with the story line. Towards the end...you kinda come back on track and get the jist of the movie. Basically, your typical life lesson in this one.
Patrick V.
July 23, 2014
It had some good bits, but the film itself was ultimately disappointing.
July 12, 2012
rubbish filmmaker and another reason why Affleck suffered at the box office once upon a time. the film is boring and genuinely not funny. don't waste your time with this
Jason R

February 26, 2012
Jake D.
June 30, 2011
I don't know why, but before I decided to watch this movie I had a peeked interest in it for whatever reason, and now that I've watched it I am very dissapointed in myself for being even remotely interested.

The film didn't start out too bad it offers up some interesting ideas, and makes you think, but as the film progresses I just really started t lose interest, and developed a disliking towards Ben Afflecks character.

On top of it all the film really tries to be two things. These two things would be a serious movie half of the time, and than comedic the other half of the time. That's where this film really took, a turn for the worse it honestly should've picked one or the other, and not have tried to do both.

Aside from that they decided to jam this film full of as many character actors as possible just to give you a recognizable face to stare at, but aside from Affleck none of the other actors really get to do anything interesting.

It's honestly sad to know that Ben Affleck has wasted his time making a lot of bad movies because he really is a talented guy, but shines his talent in the wrong direction. It's definitely a good thing that he is directing because he really has a knack for that.
June 22, 2011
This film starts well and then is downhill. I could not go till the end so bad it was,
March 10, 2011
Mengecewakan untuk penampilan seorang Affleck.