64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Just Brilliant...Very Awesome ^_^
kpn666
kpn666

March 3, 2007
The Special effects and high wire kung fu is actually pretty good for this kinda flick - a modern fantasy story.
June 22, 2011
it was like a part two to storm riders to me, without cloud, still one of the best movies i eva seen
December 24, 2008
Ekin Cheng is a terrible actor! This garbage is worse than Storm Riders. Overall, it lacks any kind of soul.
joyouskiss
June 29, 2007
Although a fantastic movie, its a bit confusing as to what happened to the sister, it doesn't say. So it leaves a feeling of incompleteness.
shadowjim
October 26, 2006
Trying to be Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drgaon, and failing. Not bad, but only for the martial arts movie enthusiasts.
aelric99
September 15, 2006
this is one of the precursours films to crouching tiger hidden dragon. one of the early wire fu fantasy settings that looks like live action anime. it's a good attempt, but like anime, the story does seem a bit typical and the conceppts get a little too far fetched, but it remains entertaining and enjoyable none the less.
July 15, 2014
A cinematic adaptation of one of my favourite comic books, The Blood Sword - this FX filled fantasy has enough going for it, but there's just something about it that keeps me jumping between 3 and 4 stars. And I don't know why...

At times I find it quite entertaining, and other times, not so much.

If I'm honest, I have to say my main complaint would be the CGI - but not all of it. A Man Called Hero was the follow-up to Storm Riders (which suffers from the same problems) and back when they first came out, they were the dogs balls by HK standards. And now, with the fast growing and ever changing standards of CGI work, they seem a little out- dated. But hey, that's all I can really say bad about it..!

CGI aside, A Man Called Hero is a pretty damn good show, made more enjoyable if you know the comic book and characters that go along with it.

Director Andrew Lau has put together a strong cast which also included the big screen return of the superb Yuen Biao, and everyone does a pretty good job at what they do. The super cool Ekin Cheng plays Hero, while the handsome Nicholas Tse plays his son.

The action is aplenty, although carefully spaced out, and even though it is sometimes hindered by the aforementioned CGI, it's handled pretty well and should keep most fight fans happy.

The highlight of the action department is the fight on the Statue Of Liberty which really does, put X-Men to shame. Another great looking battle is the one between Francis Ng and Anthony Wong in the rain, which really looks like a fight scene straight from the pages of the comic.

Check it out...

You will enjoy it at least once, if only for Yuen Biao's appearance in traditional Peking Opera gear.
January 1, 2013
My favorite Kung-Fu movie.
November 23, 2010
A trajic tale that I would recomend watching. I have seen so many times and never get tirde of or have less emotion about. Great action and a definate must for any video library.
November 16, 2010
I was left with some unanswered questions at the end of the movie.