97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

The Man from Beyond Reviews

AJ V

September 14, 2011
This was my favourite of the Houdini movies. Although towards the end it feels longer than it really was for some reason. The movie isn't just about him escaping from some captors in every scene as in his other movies. There's a really good story in this one, it's more fantastic and romantic, and there's suspense and action and everything. I really liked it.
Byron B

July 8, 2013
High melodrama that did not keep my interest. The acting and camera composition are not very inventive. Houdini's character, Howard Hillary, does a couple escapes and stunts as expected. Two Arctic explorers, Dr. Sinclair and Duval, find Houdini's body frozen and discover he's been there in stasis for 100 years. We gradually hear Hillary's story. He was first mate to a jealous captain on an 1820's ship and Hillary loved a girl named Felice. Hillary is brought back to 1920s society, but his culture shock is never really explored. Dr. Sinclair's brother-in-law Dr. Strange has gone missing. Sinclair's niece and Strange's daughter coincidentally is named Felice. Strange's neighbor, Dr. Trent, wishes to marry Felice, but Hillary mistakes her for his love and interrupts the ceremony. Trent is revealed to be a villain, but Hillary is a surprise variable in his plans. Houdini and Connelly, who plays both versions of Felice do have a couple good scenes. The action is not very thrilling because you can easily see through the camera tricks. Ultimately, the theme is whether those involved believe in reincarnation.