• G, 1 hr. 20 min.

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

March of the Penguins Reviews

Sam B

July 27, 2011
Visually stunning, inconceivably adorable ... and even educational.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

November 2, 2011
March of the Penguins a truly remarkable film. It is enchantingly moving and you must have a stone cold black heart to not enjoy this spectacle. Absolutely incredible, greatly emotional and a sincerely unfortuante true story turned into entertainment by cinematic geniuses.
Alexander D

June 15, 2011
Adorable and informative. A thorough wow session.
erika250
erika250

April 17, 2010
March of the penguins is about a real life group of penguins as they go on their mission to get back their mating ground. On their annual journey that invokes just about every major life experience that u can have in the life of a penguin.
Pros
Good story
It really shows what it is like to a penguin.
Really moving.
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

January 6, 2011
A very well crafted documentary, Marc Of The Penguins was always a film that I never watched because I never had the change, but I took a shot, and was surprised. The film is very interesting ans beautifully filmed, narrated as we see these penguins during their mating season. These emperor penguins march 70 miles to a breeding ground to find a mate and conceive a chick. The entire journey is dangerous as we see the dangers of the cold and of the many predators trying to hunt down a few penguins. March Of The penguins is narrated by Morgan Freeman and is directed by Luc Jacques, and we get a glimpse of this astounding journey that penguins have undertaken for centuries. A very well made documentary, but I find it misleading to say that this is the greatest documentary film ever made. I think it's a film worth checking out, yes, but I seen much more intriguing documentaries. A good film, but the critics kinda killed it. Astounding and masterpiece are not words that I would use to describe this documentary. Heartwarming, heartbreaking, interesting, well made and good are the words to use. Not superb, excellent or unforgettable. March Of The Penguins is a good documentary that showcases a very interesting subject, and is a documentary that the whole family could enjoy. But me, I've better documentaries such as Man On Wire, now thats a masterful documentary, this is good, not excellent, just good.
Jeremy S

May 26, 2006
A magisterial documentary on the life cycle of penguins.
Anthony L

December 4, 2009
A very sweet documentary (sort of) about penguins. It doesn?t really go into any real scientism, why the penguins do what they do etc, instead it humanises them, in the way only a Disney produced film can. Don?t despair though, it?s filmed beautifully and the penguins are the real stars here. Sometimes they fall over! Everyone loves watching penguins fall over right? How can I rate it any less than 4 stars. The baby one?s are so cute. And they fall over! :oD
Jani H

April 27, 2009
Winner of the Best feature documentary at the 2006 Academy Awards, "March of the Penguins" is a wonderful story about the life of penguins.

The documentary is nicely photographed and some very nice visuals are shown on the screen. The underwater scenes are beautiful.

What I did not like about the doc was the voices, in other words the 'acting'. I didn't see the original but the dubbed version so I hope that the dubbing was the reason it didn't work for me.

"March of the Penguins" offers excitement and sadness. Everytime images of dead baby penguins were shown, I had difficulties to look at it. They're so gaddamn cute! You'd want them to be not harmed but the nature can be cruel... very cruel.
Cindy I

May 16, 2007
Good movie, but painful at times to watch because of the conditions the penguins endure. It seems like such a wasted life, but then...what else would a penguin do? Learn to play pool? Write a novel? This is definitely not a Disney-type nature film, full of funny animals and clever narration. These animals lead a brutal life, and I think everyone should see this once to experience it with them.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 9, 2006
Compelling, heartwarming, and really well-done documentary.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
Interesting. Like watching the discovery channel, but you have to pay for it?
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 14, 2007
i thought that it was going to be better then wot it was but it is a documentary and very interesting and educational l specially if your a penguin lover but it was gd and a bit sad but gd
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Great documentary about the march of the penguins. Don't know how they survive the weather and find their mate.
Lafe F

June 24, 2007
This one put me to sleep with its cold environment, slow narration by Morgan Freeman and music. Penguins are cute things, but these weren't dancing enough.
Luke B

April 16, 2007
Well it helps that I absolutely love penguins so much. I guess I am being slightly biased. However I do hate wasps and gave The Wasp Woman a good review so I think I can be fair. This is a true story of an incredible journey taken every year. The struggles, the triumphs and the failures of these magnificent creatures. The film is shot beautifully, capturing all the great and sad moments. Offering us a lush landscape. These penguins are 100 times more interesting and complex than most Hollywood characters.
James A

Morgan Freeman taught me that all Penguins need to do is stay black and die.
Lanning :

May 6, 2006
If you're into nature films, this is outstanding. Penguins--so beautiful. I suppose, in true documentary tradition, they did have to include some deaths, but definitely an overall upbeat experience.

If I could figure out a way to integrate penguins into my menagerie, I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I had the guts, I'd liberate them from our local zoo. Heck, I'd liberate all the animals from the zoo. Might get a bit crowded around here, however.
Sadly, however, to borrow loosely from Kevin Kline in The Big Chill, prison is not something else I want to experience if at all possible.

So I guess I'll just have to console myself with zoo visits and brilliant movies like this one.

Dillon L

June 11, 2011
A little short for a documentary, but still very interesting, if you're into this sort of thing.
Harlequin68
Harlequin68

December 12, 2006
[font=Century Gothic]"March of the Penguins" is a documentary about the migratory breeding patterns of the Emperor Penguin in Antarctica. The movie tracks their movements in the seventy miles between the sea and their breeding grounds. Despite some awesome photography and Morgan Freeman's able narration, this is little more than a routine wildlife documentary. And it cannot hope to match the quiet majesty of "Winged Migration."[/font]