Marci X - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marci X Reviews

½ October 13, 2007
Quite literally has one laugh and not a clue about its targets.
½ August 28, 2007
I saw this because it had Lisa Kudrow and actually thought it was pretty funny.
½ June 28, 2007
Fish-out-of-water movies where they put awkward white people in gangsta or hip-hop settings are a dime a dozen, just like this unfunny mess.
September 23, 2006
An oddly horrible film. It had no reason, it was a satire of nothing. No cultural significance what so ever.
½ October 16, 2006
I didnt think it was possible that I could hate Lisa Kudrow more than I hated her as Phoebe on that shitty show FRIENDS. Well, it IS possible! I found out when I watched the terribly unfunny MARCI X. Not only was MARCI X terrible, Lisa Kudrow was too damn old for the role!
May 24, 2006
this movie is sos os oso sossossssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooo freaken funny and so real in da real world man i loce this movie you go boys and gurls watch and see for yourself holla at me aight
December 8, 2013
My momma was an extra
May 30, 2013
Fun, campy movie! I really enjoyed it, every movie does have to be Oscar material!
October 23, 2012
Griffin's favorite film.
February 9, 2011
Despite abysmal (and perhaps deserved) reviews - Lisa Kudrow can do no wrong in my eyes. As silly as it is, the movie made me laugh out loud and the great supporting cast of NY actors (especially Jane Krakowski, Sherrie Renee Scott and Veanne Cox) - work it. Also Matt Morrison as a member of a gay boys band is hilarious!
February 7, 2011
Easily the worst film of the decade.
January 21, 2008
Dreadful comedy, appallingly bad. I am stunned this movie was ever made and can not understand how some of the actors could have gotted involved in this awful mess.
½ March 14, 2006
I don't see why no one liked it. It may have been confusing at times but it was great. I might have given it a 5 if it weren't for "The Power in my Purse" and Dr. S rearranging the Boys R Us song. Lisa Kudrow makes any movie good. Some parts could have been better but overall, I loved it.
August 20, 2005
[b]TV[/b] First Viewing, 2 Benjamin films seen

I started watching [i]Marci X[/i] a few weeks ago as a joke. Yesterday, I found about a half hour before Megan arrived to finish it. Some parts of it are really out of taste and offensive, but the rest of the movie is almost funny enough. I was just expecting much, much worse.

Some of the sequences don't make an ounce of sense. Lisa Kudrow has trouble rapping at some concert of sorts, and then all of a sudden she starts rapping flawlessly about how lovely it is to have a purse. It was amazingly stupid, but its stupidity managed to set free a few chuckles from my throat.

All movies like this should be in the 80-minute range, and [i]Marci X[/i] clocks in at about 86 (but who on earth really cares about the credits to [i]Marci X[/i]?).
January 7, 2005
Marci X, except for two good laughs about race relations, is lousy. 'Nuff said. :rotten:
September 21, 2004
[font=Georgia][size=2][u]Scream [/u]- Scream had its moment. It came out and flitted fo a moment throught the cultural conciousness, like an ADD butterfly in the Butchart Gardens. Scream is a good movie for 13 year olds at a slumber party. I need more intellectual cinema right now.

Why,oh, why don't they have Turner Classics in canada?

[u]Stop! or my mom will shoot - [/u]a classic, to be sure. Sly Stallone AND estelle getty from Golden Girls. Not as good as Throw Mama From The Train, but still a favortie staple of late night televison. However, its only 11:30 and I haven't been drinking, so its on to HBO.

[u]Marci x - [/u]need I really explain. Yes, I adore paul rudnick. Lisa Kudrow was GREAT in The Opposite of Sex. But do I really need to subject myself to this? Why not just watch the meg ryan boxing movie and burn myself with a lit cigar?

[u]y tu mama tambien- [/u] Yes! I've seen this movie fairly recently, but I'm always ready to watch it again. lauched two very promising careers( Diego Luna , who starred this year in Criminal, and co-starred in The Terminal, and Gael Garcia Bernal, starring in The Motorcycle Diaries ) but what about the woman? she was a damn good actress...whatever happpened to her? to kick back and try and translate with my rusty spanish. mmm.
September 6, 2004
its true, this movie is nothing but a crap. its sad for lisa kudrow to let her reputation down in this stupid flick.