Marigold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marigold Reviews

iLeo
December 16, 2007
An interesting movie!! This is the story of a woman who travels to India for a movie, and discovers not only herself but love. As she redefines concepts of life, she realizes that her heart desires more than just happiness. Great cast- Salman Khan, Ali Larter, Suchitra Pillai-Malik, and Nadana Sen. Great performances by Ali Larter and Salman Khan. Great music. Definitely worthy!
½ September 15, 2010
I tried watching it once and only got through it this time because of Salman Khan. I still wanna punch Ali Larter in the face just because. She only exsudes bitch and her role in this didn't help her at all in that front. The acting at times, mostly from Larter was lacking the story wasn't at all orignial but it wasn't the worst Hollywood/Bollywood endevor I've seen. I think it gets bonus points for Salman Khan though cuz he is in one of my fav Bollywood movies so keep that in mind.
December 9, 2009
What a perfect combination of American and Indian. This is straight up romance without the majority of the movie being about family strife as in most Bollywood films. This one gets straight to the good stuff and ends beautifully. I never would have believed Ali Larter would work for this role, but she was great.
September 2, 2009
at first i didn't think i would like it but, this film has fast become one of my all time favorites, and well Salman Khan isn't bad on the eyes either...
½ July 27, 2008
6.5/10. Enjoyable romntic comedy, the Indian culter and locations are a big plus. Great music, fine performances especially Ali Larter. Not very deep but very enjoyable and entertaining.
October 5, 2014
American Rom-Com meets bollywood. Despite not expecting much from this movie, I found it quite heart warming with a good slushy ending. It put a nice smile on my face. Worth a watch.
½ October 31, 2012
Not sure what I expected, but it wasn't bad. Not great-but enjoyable once I gave it a chance. I will take any reason to see India. :)
½ January 5, 2013
A fine "feel-good" movie but a bit to cliche and predictable.
July 9, 2012
Loved it - a fun introduction to the Bollywood style.
June 4, 2012
sad to see such a low rating for this gem of a movie. personally i love it!! i found it really funny and witty... i like it so much i am getting the dvd.
½ March 25, 2012
What a waste of my time. I was more interested in looking at all the buildings then actally watching the movie. Horrible acting on Ali Larters part and the rest of the cast was just not good at all.
January 21, 2012
If you enjoy Indian cultire, traditions... And Bollywood movies in general then this is a good one. I like it :)
December 5, 2011
Loved it! Totally want to watch it again.
September 26, 2011
"all over the place but enjoyable"
August 7, 2011
A demanding American actress (Ali Larter) heads to India in order to shoot a low-budget Hollywood film, only to find herself stranded in Bombay with no luggage and attitude to spare. Despite the unfortunate start to her Bombay adventure, the once-jaded actress is soon swept up in the glitz and glamour of the local filmmaking scene and cast in a lavish Bollywood musical. Once on the set, she meets a handsome prince and falls hopelessly in love.

review later
July 24, 2011
meh. had potential. just never developed as it should have. if you like Bollywood, don't really bother with this film.
½ June 20, 2011
This is a great mesh of Hollywood and Bollywood. It was a really fun romantic movie with beautiful locations and dancing! Salman Khan was a terrific male lead!
½ June 8, 2011
Why does Salman keep signing up for crap like this? Beautiful-Eyes deserves better!

This is not the American-made dedication to Bollywood that it tries to be; it mostly just shows its ignorance and is terribly written.
½ February 8, 2011
's alright, a good first step to watching bollywood movies