The Mark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mark Reviews

½ February 24, 2014
Good work by Whitman in a difficult role.
April 3, 2008
How could this movie be bad, its got Rod Steiger in it, after all he was born in the same town as I and the same Day, just not the same year, thank God. Movie show's how people really think about you no matter what you have gone through. Stereo Type. Its in Black & White and Ole School but a hell of a film. My opion this should be part of the Criterion Collection.
December 12, 2013
This is quite the tale with a level of sophistication that was only starting to emerge during the sixties. The topics are taboo and the acting required to pull something like this off are significant. I think Stuart Whitman does it well.
½ July 13, 2014
The Mark is a decent film. It is about a man who served prison time for intent to molest a child tries to build a new life with the help of a sympathetic psychiatrist. Stuart Whitman and Rod Steiger give good performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Guy Green did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.
February 22, 2014
A very well-done realistic movie dealing with a very touchy subject-that of child molestation. Yet the character evolves and you find yourself rooting for him to overcome his attraction to young girls. The subject of molestation is treated in a sensitive manner.. The acting is superb between Stuart Whitman , Rod Steiger (a good guy for once) and Maria Schell whose bright eyes symbolize hope for this tortured soul. This is a tremendously under-rated movie- yet a well-loved movie supported by positive audience response.