Married to It - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

jjnxn
½ April 15, 2010
mediocre
½ February 14, 2013
Don't understand why the reviews for this are so awful. I thought this movie and the acting was fantastic.
½ November 29, 2010
These people convinced me that they are REAL people, a bit exaggerated to be sure, but these couples CAN happen. In today's society, on your own street, we can have various levels of economic prosperity.

A poignant comedy about three contemporary married couples whose lives become intertwined despite their radically different lifestyles and past. Radically different jobs, upbringing, social status. They are brought together by their children's, or step-child's in one case, school play. The play centers around the 60's, something 2 of 3 couples know anything about first hand.

This is one fantastic story about the way things are, not as we would have them. Try going to other strangers homes and have a conversation. That's our couples situation at first, but they meld pretty well despite their present lives which are quite different.

In the end, all that glamour wears off and each couple finds their marriages in real trouble for several reasons each encounter through the film. I found this film entirely watchable and indeed, recomendable. If you are adult enough to appreaciate the human situation, one of good times and really bad times... check this out.

Ultimately, the title: Married To It, simply means you married it, you deal with it. If marriage means anything, it means hanging on, no matter what or whatever, because the alternative has no satisfaction for sure either.

Cast
Stockard Channing (one of the wives)
Cybill Shepard (the woman in trouble with her stepdaughter)
Beau Bridges (One of the three husbands, brother of Jeff B.)
Gary Bamman
Don Francks
Ed Koch (former mayor of NYC) .............(10 second cameo)
Robert Sean Leonard

Cinematographer: Victor J. Kemper
Executive Producer: John L. Jacobs
Associate Producer: Janet Kovalcik
Screenplay: Janet Kovalcik

Composer: Henry Mancini...famous for Pink Panther, The Days of Wine and Roses,many many others.
September 5, 2010
This movie at times makes a single guy glad he's single. Lot's of couple drama. Lots of slow spots, it's a good movie to see with a date. Yes, classic chick flick.
½ June 11, 2010
The problem with this film is the characters. These aren?t real people, they don?t convince. Real people don?t talk like that and they are so obviously fictional people created by a writer who doesn't have a clue as to how real people are and talk. The cast does try, but Stockard Channing is the only cast member that actually rises above the material, she is the only one you care about at all, and Mary Stuart Masterson is pretty good. It isn't a complete disaster, there are some interesting scenes between the cliche's. It could of used a little more trimming as well, it overlong at an hour and 52 minutes.
½ June 11, 2010
51/100. The problem with this film is the characters. These aren't real people, they don't convince. Real people don't talk like that and they are so obviously fictional people created by a writer who doesn't have a clue as to how real people are and talk. The cast does try, but Stockard Channing is the only cast member that actually rises above the material, she is the only one you care about at all, and Mary Stuart Masterson is pretty good. It isn't a complete disaster, there are some interesting scenes between the cliche's. It could of used a little more trimming as well, it overlong at an hour and 52 minutes.
March 11, 2013
One of the most boring movies I've ever seen. There's nothing particularly awful about it, but it's so dull that I was able to catch up on my emails without missing anything.
½ February 14, 2013
March 31, 2011
This was rubbish! Nothing actually happens, it's all about relationships and that. BORING!

Also has the worst ending of any film ever.

It does feature a woman with giant red 1980s glasses though. They were entertaining for a few seconds.
½ November 29, 2010

Cast
Stockard Channing (one of the wives)
Cybill Shepard (the woman in trouble with her stepdaughter)
Beau Bridges (One of the three husbands, brother of Jeff B.)
Gary Bamman
Don Francks
Ed Koch (former mayor of NYC) .............(10 second cameo)
Robert Sean Leonard

Executive Producer: John L. Jacobs
Associate Producer: Janet Kovalcik
Screenplay: Janet Kovalcik

November 20, 2010
Deep crazy movie. But honestly I woulda punch dudes daughter in the throat!!

But an ok movie tho lol
½ November 9, 2010
relationship-y. essentially romantic. mary stuart masterson! i miss her!
September 5, 2010
March 5, 2008
i think tis movie is a awsome movie
½ December 28, 2007
surprisingly good, one of my 3 am ers on encore
September 24, 2007
Wow I would not have guessed that this was a 1993 movie. It was really quite good.
September 6, 2007
another under the radar movie and I loved it, all star cast,,for the time.

check it out if ya can find it
June 3, 2007