68% The Equalizer Sep 26

The Medusa Touch Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

October 3, 2009
Hogwash telepathy melodrama. Burton looks like hell and acts bored, Lee Remick looks great but her part is a waste of her time as the picture is a waste of yours.
Dr Blood

June 23, 2007
Some great effects along the way, coupled with Richard Burton's menacing acting make this a must see.
garyX
garyX

April 12, 2007
Richard Burton's considerable charisma adds weight to this supernatural chiller, in which a psychic is able to cause catastrophes with the power of his mind. The MTV generation may find it a little slow, but fans of The Omen and The Exorcist will not be disappointed.
John2223
John2223

June 15, 2009
An underrated Sci-Fi jewel that is well directed and cast. This is a dark, powerful, haunting and intelligent psychological thriller.
DrLappos
DrLappos

April 16, 2008
Absolute belter of a film. The plane crash sequence was brialliant for its time and Burtons acting was excellent.
August 28, 2014
Watchable 70's thriller about the telekinetic powers of a bitter man
ap sirius
September 25, 2010
The Medusa Touch is a British horror/disaster film ,told in the style of a whodunit mystery.
The film starts with an unknown assailent almost beating to death John Morlar ( Richard Burton ),leaving him clinging to life in a hospital. Inspector Brunel, must try to piece together the clues to the attack, which lead him to a psychiatrist ( Lee Remick ) who treated the victim, for a bizarre condition which had him believing that, he could kill anyone he wanted, just by willing it to happen.
The story is then told through flashbacks as the psychiatrist relays the story of John's life, bringing us closer and closer to the time of the attack, and the truth behind who would try to kill him and why. What inspector Brunel discovers will challenge his conceptions of victims and killers.
The film tends to be a little overly dramatic , but in a fun way as two of hollywoods best overactors(Remick and Burton) ,chew up the scenery on this one.
What sets this film apart are the scenes of death and disaster which are far better then you expect, including a jumbo jet crash that rivals any in films produced today.
And even its themes of paranoia and enviromental terrorism seem to carry a bit more relevance today ,in our post 9/11 world, than it did 30 years ago...
November 4, 2013
Scary, SHOULD be remade for Cinema.
November 4, 2013
One of my favourite films of all time!
Lilly
April 24, 2013
This is a brilliant paranormal movie with a fast-paced suspenseful plot. The cast is superb with a terrific performance by Richard Burton. This is a must see thought-provoking movie filmed on location in London. Personally I think no thriller movie surpasses this one since it depends on a brilliantly talented cast without disgusting visual effects like modern movies.
January 26, 2011
Another souffle from Lord Grade and this one has a nice Galic tinge amid all the chasos and mayhem.
Richard Burton plays Molar a man with a unique gift for making disaters happen.
When he turns up dead in his apartment ,French Detective Lino Ventura pieces together his shocking crimes with the help of Zonfeld played by Lee Remick.
Director Jack Gold has a nice line in showing the disasters that occur including a all too real after 9/11 plane crash into a building .
Burton is good value as Molar giving a suitable air of menace and Ventura is fine as the tec on the case.
Yes the Movie is silly and the church collaspe at the end you can see bouncing bricks.
But when i was a kid this movie did give me a few scares .
Not a classic movie then but for me one that stands as evergreen