Ouwehoeren (Meet the Fokkens) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ouwehoeren (Meet the Fokkens) Reviews

½ May 22, 2013
I loved this movie and it was totally enthralling in a way that I did not expect it to be. One of the most thought-provoking documentaries that I have seen in a long time.
September 1, 2013
A couple likeable, interesting characters. Sadly, the story doesn't progress as well as I'd have liked. The ending was very weak.
November 7, 2015
This is a lovely little pantomime of a movie where the cast of De Niro, Streisand, Hoffman and Stiller work well together. It is genuinely funny, albeit in a predictable way, but if you find yourself on a plane or you as trying to pick out a movie to watch at home, this is a safe bet and a pleasant way to spend two hours
August 16, 2014
Frequently dull and often feels unfocused.
February 24, 2014
Just did not do it for me. It actually made me feel sad.
½ August 8, 2012
The subjects provide fascinating docu fodder but the execution feels scatter-shot.
½ December 28, 2013
The Fokken women seem fun and vivacious. Too bad this celluloid homage is so aimless and dull.
April 1, 2013
A bit boring. I just didn't get the point. It was mostly just random conversations with random people. I was confused.
½ June 3, 2013
Ew what the fuck is this shit?!
May 31, 2013
This documentary was breathtaking and raw. These women were full of life and vivacity. You can't help but laugh with them and feel their struggles and be inspired. I thoroughly enjoyed this rare insight of the red light district through the eyes of two amazing, ripe, hilarious and exhilarating sisters
May 26, 2013
This film so exceeded any expectations or preconcieved notions I may have had. It wasn't mocking or exploitative... Instead it was honest and raw, vulnerable, heartbreaking and beautiful.
½ May 22, 2013
May 22, 2013
Truth is certainly stranger than fiction in this case.....
May 7, 2013
A definite MUST see!
½ April 26, 2013
It was okay, I did find it very interesting, since I have been to the RLD, my main issue, which seems silly but it is really actually quite important is that the translations on the bottom of the screen were in light coloured writing against a mostly light coloured background so I couldn't actually read half of what was being said. Perhaps I missed quite a lot, I don't know. Personally, I thought it was going to be a little more graphic, since just walking around that area is quite something, but it turned out to be more of a biography than a real behind the scenes look at the sex industry.
April 21, 2013
These ladies have amazing spirit.
April 15, 2013
Bittersweet (and shockingly graphic!) story of elderly twin prostitutes in Amsterdam.
April 13, 2013
i would luv to c that
April 10, 2013
I was intrigued by the idea of a movie about elderly twin hookers, but I found that in spite of the sisters' frank and unrestrained reminiscences about sex toys and kinky customers, I became bored about 30 minutes in. I agree with another reviewer; the director should have had a hand in reining in the wandering dialogue.
April 6, 2013