Miles from Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miles from Home Reviews

½ July 3, 2008
Strong cast and I enjoyed the visuals that accompanied the melodramatic plot. The chemistry between leading characters worked for me and as the movie flowed I empathized with the farm boys' plight.
March 7, 2006
This movie is a reflection of what Iowa was really like at that time in the 80's. Growing up here all I remember hearing about is how tough it was for farmers and many were losing their farms at the time. Wonderful movie. Yes, its not a Hollywood blockbuster, but if you understand what it was like growing up here then you'd agree.
April 16, 2015
Anderson and Gere shine in this forgotten little gem.
August 12, 2012
There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and farming the most certain. - Lord Amherst
April 23, 2012
An oldie but a goodie ('88) ... not well rated online, but I really enjoyed it, directed by Gary SInise starring Richard Gere & Kevin Anderson with Penelope Ann Miller, Helen Hunt, John Malkovich, Laurie Metcalfe, Brian Dennehy ....
½ February 12, 2012
Two brothers lose their Iowa farm, and the older one (Gere) is so tortured by this failure that he burns the farm down and drags his brother along on an aimless run from the law. The story would have been stronger if we were given more of a backstory of what happened between his childhood (a brief glimpse is shown at the beginning) and the foreclosure of their home.
January 10, 2012
" 3/4б 3/4 ил 1/4е 3/4д Gary Sinise (к 3/4~ г 3/4 1/2апави и Of Mice And Men) ? 3/4 Richard Gere,Helen Hunt,John Malkovich,Bryan Dennehy...
½ August 26, 2010
Pretty good story though I wasn't impressed with the ending bit I guess you can't do netter with this type of concept..good performances esp Gere...
½ July 3, 2008
June 3, 2008
Another great movie that brings it home! This movie was made in Iowa, where I come from, and I remember when stuff like this was going on in the rural mid-west. It makes you heartsick. Richard Gere plays the older brother. This is a great story of what the government and big corporations did to the small farmers. Its a pitty. These brothers became rebels when pushed too far!
½ April 13, 2008
Pretty good movie, ok story and ok acting. I think everyone can enjoy this movie.
½ February 27, 2008
A wonderful film. It's a shame that most people have never heard of it. Watch this!
January 10, 2008
Early work worth seeing. Gere is promising as he developes his skills right before your very eyes.
November 14, 2007
Richard Gere puts hamsters up his arse
September 29, 2007
This movie shows the bond between farmers and the land they work. It also shows what farmers will do when enough is enough.
July 5, 2007
A bizarre mix of buddy flick, road movie, and social commentary. Gary Sinise does a fine job in the director's chair and the cast is great. Good subject matter and a few cameos, but it still feels like this film is missing an ingredient or two.
July 3, 2007
The best part would definitely be the chase scene down that gravel road...
June 2, 2007
great......love....Richard Gere
April 13, 2007
An interesting concept. Forced from their home and nowhere to go two brothers go to drastic measures.
March 7, 2006