Miss Austen Regrets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

jjnxn
April 29, 2011
Dull
May 19, 2012
This is a great film about Jane Austen's life. Her later life. I enjoyed Becoming Jane, but I realize it was an elaboration of her life. This movie was the closest to her life that I assume they could have gotten from the remains of her letters. Loved it
½ December 25, 2011
Olivia Williams portrayed Jane Austen exactly as I have imagined her for many years. Yes, there's a sad ending, but it's to be expected.
½ September 12, 2009
This was a very good story. I am not sure how much is truthfully taken from Austen's letters, but if you watch this as you would any other story told by Jane Austen you are sure to enjoy it.
½ September 13, 2009
It amazes me how much power and influence people can have in other lives. We're not talking people in powerful positions but every day individuals. Even the most subtle word, opinion or action can change the whole direction of a person's existence. People usually do not think of this and the ones who do often make the choice to use that power in a negative way. Jane Austen did not realize how much she influenced her niece and the outcome was portrayed negatively however do we really know whether or not Fanny's life turned out worse? As to her regrets, I do believe she had some as many people do but she was ultimately happy with what her life had been. Or at least it seemed that way.
½ November 4, 2015
Part of it was fun - the way her life was supposedly echoed in her books, but parts were also a bit boring. It did raise an interesting question of how fiction may influence people's lives and decisions.
July 14, 2015
About romance and pride. I will never look at a Jane Austen novel quite the same again.
June 30, 2015
A mature and witty Jane Austen portrayed here...by Olivia Williams. Mostly she stays real to what some of us might imagine based on what is known abut her life and family.
This is a deeper portrayal than the still charming "Becoming Jane" movie.
December 13, 2014
this movie puts a bittersweet smile on my face somehow
July 21, 2014
Beautiful and interesting movie, bitter-sweet as life itself... The actors were great too...:)
½ June 29, 2013
Watched it just because Tom hiddleston has a small part in it.
May 19, 2012
½ December 25, 2011
½ September 12, 2009
May 6, 2011
Exquisite and reflective with outstanding camera work this movie leaves you with a profound appreciation for Jane Austen's genius
½ April 14, 2011
Olivia Williams give Austen such spirit that's it hard not to get carried along. Plays out like one of her novels which can only help. Pretty well done across the board but Williams is the standout.
½ March 5, 2011
It's not easy to find a husband even Jane Austen have problems.
February 26, 2011
I am never sure about these works of fiction based on real life people - ie. taking liberties with their stories but this was well-done and well-acted and taken as a piece of fiction, very watchable and certainly well-cast.
½ August 2, 2009
Rich multifaceted portrayal of the later Jane Austen - beautifully acted and filmed. Very enjoyable for any but the most rigid Janeites!
December 13, 2010
Really well done portrayal of the waning years of Jane Austen's life, but not the sort of thing you'd want to watch if you need cheering up.