Miss Congeniality Reviews

March 28, 2006
Amazingly good. I could hardly believe I liked it so much this time around. Caine is terrific, and as I said when I commented on The Blind Side, even this one would have been a better choice for her Best Actress nomination. I just watched this again for the first time in many years, and it holds up very well. This is really the kind of role where Bullock excels.
murphmann93
June 24, 2011
Very, very funny!
½ May 29, 2007
I more or less like what this movie represents or could have been rather than what it actually is. Like, the concept of a kickass FBI agent entering a beauty pageant and finding out the true meaning of femininity is actually quite fascinating, but the film just doesn't deliver. I guess I'm not that huge of a Sandra Bullock fan.
½ July 12, 2007
bullock's eyes are too small, she is too skinny, and i don't know if she can act at all...so why does this creature charm me no matter what she's in??? she's the sickly cat you breakdown and finally decide to feed at your back door somehow...i really like her, i do
January 22, 2011
While i'm nowhere near its audience, I thought it was alright and I can definitely see the appeal. Sandra Bullock might be corny at times, but she certainly has her great moments in this. The plot is definitely kooky, but it works within the genre for sure. I like the random glamor shots of Sandra Bullock in her post make-over state, it's so overdone that it becomes effective on a whole other level.
½ July 23, 2010
I was committed to watching the Sandra Bullock Saturday extravaganza on ABCFamily, but I only made it through this. The movie's fine. Sandra is likeable as she usually is. The "real" murder plot with Candace Bergen's character seems a bit extreme and in place because there wouldn't be a movie otherwise.
½ July 21, 2010
C+
thmtsang
July 13, 2007
Can you believe they can try to make Sandra ugly and dowdy then transform her! Sandra is a dowdy FBI agent who has to go undercover in a beauty contest. She's very funny!
September 22, 2009
Who would have thought Sandra Bullock was so beautiful without her hair up and in glasses. Well I?ll be damned!
FiLmCrAzY
½ September 4, 2007
Fantastic this i have to say is my favourite movie of sandra bullock with her in this one scene waljking in the streets and the other on the plane watching a dvd two of the funniest scenes i have ever seen! This movie is brilliant funny entertaining and a good story with sanda bullock doing a brilliant performance!
TomBowler
July 31, 2009
meh
Chiefilms
July 1, 2009
Good idea and characters, goofy and cheesy but it is an enjoyable movie.
April 8, 2009
This comedy featuring Sandra Bullock going undercover in a "Scholarship Program" (watch the movie) was a great hit, and for good reason.

Sandra Bullock is funny from start to beginning, watching a hardened tom-boy try to become a beauty queen is only the start of a great movie.

It's one of the top chick-flick comedies I have seen in a long time.

Overall: Movies funny, actors are great, plot is well thought. The movie is a classic, only reason I didnt get it a full five stars is because being released in 2000 it suffers from that totally predictable ending that we were all used to seeing in the 90's. It's still a great movie to own and see more then a few times. I remember watching it in theaters, and it was just as fun revisiting it today.
mwilliams078
September 20, 2008
Miss Congeniality, starring Sandra Bullock, Michael Caine, Benjamin Bratt, and Candice Bergen is a funny movie.

Sandra Bullock plays a detective whom is undercover at a beauty pageant. She is rogh around the edges and that is being nice. It is a funny movie and a good rental.
ajaymuthecooldevils
May 29, 2006
very very funny... i watched it more and more, and it stills funny to me...
movieguru12
February 19, 2008
Good Kind Of Funny!
garyX
½ January 8, 2007
I have a terrible admission to make...I like Sandra Bullock. I'm not proud of it, but her brand of kooky girl next door charm is quite appealing to me. So sue me. This is a typical example of the kind of one idea formulaic comedy that I usually detest, but Michael Caine's amusingly disdainful gay Henry Higgins plays off Sandra really well, and there are some genuinely funny lines. Add a cheerfully self-mocking supporting cast and a knowingly tongue in cheek approach and it's at the more tolerable end of this kind of feelgood pap.
magnum32004
January 31, 2007
Sandra Bullock is funny as well as tough as nails.
½ July 10, 2007
Not the most original idea for this comedy but Sandra Bullock is perfect for the role. The jokes are good and mixed between one liners, slapstick, visual gags. Overall an easy to watch, enjoyable comedy for both sexes.