97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Mole People Reviews

AJ V

September 5, 2010
I don't remember the story of this movie, or even if there was a story, but as you can see from the title it's about people who live underground like moles. If that interests you, check it out, if not, stay away.
flixsterman
flixsterman

January 21, 2009
Ward Cleaver journeys to the center of the earth to do battle with a race of albinos living on mushrooms (I'm not kidding). This is science fiction at it's corny, campy best. I love this stuff (I'm not kidding).

*Kudos to the makeup and special effects artists at Universal Studios. Not once did I notice a single zipper.
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

May 23, 2009
Another great black & white sci fi chiller theater type movie. Filmed in 1956, with John Agar (Shirley Temple's Husband) who stared in a number of Sci-Fi Movies in the 1950-1970 era and Hugh Beaumont better know to most as Beaver's Dad, Ward on the long running TV Series of Leave it to Beaver, Time frame 1957-1963, Hugh Appeared in 234 episodes (Pretty Amazing). This is one of the few science teams who didn't have a women with them, but they found one in the underworld. Cynthia Patrick who Did very little after this movie Perry Mason and Death valley days. The Mole People were not really the bad guys in this movie. There Costumes reminded me of some I have seen on Outer Limits and Twilight Zone. Any way this science team finds a world in the depths of the earth with people as white as powder called Sumerian and their goddess is Ishtar?s. All in all its a ok Sci Fi 1956 Film, Good for a one time showing, Not as good as Attack of the Crab Monster. 3 Stars is what this one deserves
Anthony V

July 16, 2008
Entertaining 50's monster movie.
June 16, 2013
The only enjoyable way to watch this movie is on Mystery Scince Theater 3000. If anyone ever called it "bad" that would be a huge compliment.
April 14, 2013
Bland, slow-moving plot with a slow pointless and boring introduction. The mole people aren't worth the wait, and the story is full of holes and confusion. Stock footage galore, dull dialog, and uninteresting characters, nothing really good comes out of this film, but it still could be worst.
November 1, 2012
Has some interesting sets and a few other decent elements, but it starts out so slow.
Whitsbrain
June 30, 2012
I really enjoy 1950's science fiction but this was hard to watch. Actually, John Agar (Dr. Roger) and Hugh Beaumont (Dr. Jud) made a relatively credible team of scientists. However, the third co-hort, Professor Lafarge, was one of the most helpless characters I think I've ever seen in one of these movies. First off, he's old and he can't keep up. He's also one of the biggest chickens in the history of science. Lafarge practically gets everyone killed numerous times. I know that gives away part of the story but believe me, if you watch this you'll want Lafarge dead anyway.
The underground civilization is actually called Sumerians. The mole people seem to be slaves to the Sumerians, but why they put up with the pasty white mushroom eaters, I do not know. The mole people are actually almost secondary characters which is very strange.
The hardest thing to take about this movie was how corny it was. The ancient Sumerians could barely get out of their own way. It's not even conceivable they could have survived underground for so many years.
The sets look cheesy, the matte paintings are the worst I've ever seen and Alan Napier makes an awful high priest. The ending is also totally ridiculous. Don't bother with "The Mole People" unless you're a John Agar fan or something.
Dean W.
October 10, 2010
A major cheese-fest, has a Gene Roddenberry Star Trek feel to it, right down to the start trek symbol that is so prominent throughout, interesting in that the Mole People are the victims in the movie, John Agar is reliable for keeping a straight face throughout the film and his sincerity almost makes you half believe the ridiculous proceedings, and the y are ridiculous! Extremely bizarre Universal offering ...
bobolinq
June 21, 2010
a true '50's classic. underrated, yes. unknown, probably even more so. still i think it belongs in the smithsonian along with 'body snatchers, the thing, them and the other gems of the era. altough a true no brainer on many levels, so what, we were a nation of them back then?