Monkey Trouble Reviews

September 6, 2010
Another animal and kid movie, just as stupid as the rest, but it'll entertain the kids.
November 29, 2009
June 7, 2010
I've seen this movie many times when I was younger. Its about this troubled girl whose life takes a drastic change when she finds this pet monkey. She hides the monkey in her room so her parents won't know. When she discovers that this monkey has been trained to be a thief by a gypsy she tries to train the monkey to stop stealing. When the gypsy wants the monkey back, she tries everything to keep the monkey from him. This is a very good family movie.
August 15, 2006
Thora Birch was one of the best ever child actors. And yes Harvey Keitel is really in this film.
March 10, 2008
we actually got this movie through a box of cereal, lol and all of us enjoyed it and i think the kids still have it somewhere, the monkey used was way cute
½ July 31, 2009
omg i must have seen this move at least 20 x when my nephew was a child and it took that many times in other to enjoy it.
½ July 4, 2008
Even a young Thora Birch could not save this festering runny monkey poop from being the most awful kid's movie, with the worst message, that it was. This movie stinks.
June 18, 2008
I remember going to Wild Waves one time and a girl pointing at me saying 'you look like the girl from Monkey Trouble'...that girl was crazy. This movie had a monkey, yes. Monkies kick ass. This movie did not.
May 13, 2007
I remember going to see this in Cincinnati. The only thing I actually remember, though, are the Sour Patch Kids. Lol. This is a dumb movie, but I liked it when I was little.
½ February 9, 2007
If not hers then mine. I think it was the other movie w brendan frasier(wait was it brendan or the guy from roxbury?)
½ November 28, 2006
No joke, I saw this in the theaters. I have no recollection if this was good or not but the cast makes me chuckle retrospectively. I wonder who Keitel owed money to.
½ September 26, 2006
Yep i even seen this one and yes i hated it...a monkey that steals your wallet then your heart..awww..bullshit!
½ September 5, 2006
i haven't seen this movie in a very long time, but i remember that i cried in the ending, it was so good
½ July 8, 2006
I was getting my picture taken with this monkey when I projectile vomited, like, 2 or 3 feet. Needless to say, the Monkey absolutely freaked out, and picture taking was over for the day.
April 10, 2006
ok ill give it 4 even thought i havent seen it for like 6 years..i do remember watching it when i was younger though..used to be my fav...
December 27, 2014
Watched it on Neflix twice because it is very funny...esp the monkey,,,
January 4, 2011
Haven't seen this for a million years but from what I remember I enjoyed this very much!
½ August 27, 2012
Cute and cuddly. Thora birch is just as lovable like the monkey. When a con artist looses his monkey he find Birch as a new owner. The problem?
Her step dad is allergic and shes hiding the monkey the only other person who knows is her baby brother. As a trained theft monkey birch find stolen goods in her back pack and room, panicing the family smells her monkey troubles and is followed by the ex-violent monkey owner.
½ August 24, 2012
Although this may have appeared to be a directorial debut, the concept is hillarious and I just re-watched this film and I laughed. Take it for what it is, a sweet kiddie flick and it is rather enjoyable. Yes it is manipulative and forced but, "Bad monkey don't steel" is funny beyond its faults.
½ November 10, 2008
Cute and fun film with heart.