The Monster of Piedras Blancas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Monster of Piedras Blancas Reviews

½ November 7, 2014
When the creature from the black lagoon was released it later inspired writer Irvin Berwick to give birth to The monster of Piedras Blancas. The movie is basically a rip- off The creature from the black lagoon, but it still differs. For it's time the movie is pretty gory, showing several severed bloody heads and bodies with blood stains. Also, the monster may be frightening for younger viewers. A not very good movie, with a lack of the appearance of the monster and a short and plain ending.
½ March 4, 2013
The film that broke new ground for the gore generation. Even though it might be an imitation of Creature from the Black Lagoon it is still worth watching. Even though I am not a fan of the gore genre I found this little movie a nice breath of fresh air after watching all the cheap imitations of countless other films. In short a chilling and terrifying monster movie.
January 28, 2012
I first saw this on television as a kid and I've got to say it scared the hell out of me. Definitely one of the ugliest of the man-in-a-suit creatures of this era. One scene in particular still gives me the 'willies': the monster carrying a human head by the hair. This may not be too thrilling in this day and age, but if you enjoy the golden-age monster movies, I'd place this on your list.