• Unrated, 1 hr. 31 min.

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

More Than Honey Reviews

HouseMC
July 27, 2013
This documentary is brilliant! The macro filmed bee colonies just hypnotizes you and the contrast between types of honey production is amazing. Being Swiss myself it just gave me some thrill to go up the mountains an meet these beekeepers. This is truly very insightful and everybody should watch it. A must see for sure!!!
January 28, 2014
What makes this the best Documentary on Bees is not just the amazing camera footage, but the unfettered access gained to so many aspects of the bees all round the world. Even more, because they were foreigners, many people interviewed were more candid than they would were they American journalists. What a special treat.
December 29, 2013
The image of the good-natured pipe-smoking beekeeper with flower power attitude forever shot to pieces.
The first only interested in money and power, the other cuts the head of his queen with his nail, because she, according to him, 'cheated'.

Creatures with a misunderstood intelligence endlessly underrated by humans.
Understandably, like Douglas Adams' dolphins, the bees have decided to leave the earth: "So long, thanks for all the flowers'

Amazing visuals though
January 10, 2014
A very beautiful documentary film about the bee keeping trade that offers some amazing insights to the business, the world health of bees, and the people who keep them. Also some astonishing truths are presented about the true benefits of Africanized "Killer" bees. Recommended! Currently streaming on Netflix.
January 7, 2014
Unless you speak multiple languages don't bother watching. I stopped watching after the asshole in the flowered shirt referred to bees as "fresh printed money" and told viewers the only motivation in life is greed and fear and then muttered something about capitalistic total domination. He was so maniacally irritated that the almond growers were spraying fungicide he just wanted to blow a gasket. He is like a spoiled infant that couldn't get his way. Your capitalistic society will end soon enough you fucking mook. What a dick.
January 6, 2014
I was enchanted....a serious look at a serious environmental issue but also a scary metaphor for the risks facing human society, and a beautiful poem about these most amazing creatures.
January 2, 2014
Always love a good documentary. This film shows the vital importance of bees and shows how greed and mans desire to control things we shouldn't might lead to our demise.
December 30, 2013
Very good documentary. The film makers go around the world 4 times to investigate everything about bees. 3rd generation old school Germans, western U.S. big production bee business, "killer bee" perils and promises, and even a look at what's happening in largely bee-less China. The movie is very ...read moreinformative and the photography is incredible. One of the best nature documentaries I've ever seen.
December 25, 2013
Amazing look into the lives of bees and beekeeping
November 15, 2013
Most beautifully shot documentary I've seen in a while, however it's not pretty documentary; it's preliminary warning documentary. All around the world, bee population is sharply declining, we don't understand why. Einstein reportedly said that bees extinct, humankind wouldn't survive more than four years. This documentary shows how honeybees kept and cultivated around the world and might shed some clue about bees disappearance.
Paul B.
October 15, 2013
Fascinating look into the lives of bees and apiarist alike. Most striking is the contrast to American mass production and the traditional methods of beekeeping seen in rural Switzerland. A must watch accessible to all. Surly a triumphant documentary if their ever was one.
August 11, 2013
Excelente documental sobre la crisis de los polinizadores, específicamente de las abejas.
August 8, 2013
Great doc, intriguing food for thought far more than just about bees and honey.
June 17, 2013
After Ain't it Cool News called More Than Honey the Citizen Kane of bee movies I had to see how a documentary about Honey Bees could stand in the same ranks as the greatest movie ever made. To my surprise More Than Honey lives up to the hype. Not only is the cinematography beyond amazing but the narration and facts keep the audience interested the entire time.
More Than Honey draws you in from the opening line, which is a shocking quote from Albert Einstein that informs the audience that "If the bee disappeared off the face of the earth, man would only have four years left to live." The movie then goes on to show you why this would happen and how we are literally killing ourselves by depleting the bee population. It's alarming and fascinating at the same time and is sure to leave the audience with a more caring attitude to the Honey Bee.
June 11, 2013
More Than Honey was a beautifully done documentary about how important the bees are to world and why we should care at all. The cinematography was absolutely stunning, and the information was very engaging. People of all ages would be able to watch More Than Honey and take away some very useful information on how to help save our environment. What people don't seem to realize is that the bees aren't pests - they contribute heavily to the pollination and production of a vast, vast majority of the products we use and eat. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking to learn a little, and to anyone who simply wants to enjoy some beautiful scenery.
stephane  l.
March 21, 2013
AMAZING MOVIE a must see for whole family members, even kids will be affected !
Michael H.
February 6, 2013
Some absolutely gorgeous cinematography - particularly of bees and beehives and of the breathtaking Swiss landscape (unfortunately compromised by the flat looking presentation that results from digital distribution). A fine exploration of some bee history, the current beekeeping/honey/pollination industries, and recent concerns about bee health and survival often presented through interviews with a variety of characters in the industry.