• PG-13, 1 hr. 47 min.

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Morning Glory Reviews

Wildaly M

January 6, 2011
Average rom-com. Enjoyable because of Harrison Ford.
Daniel P

November 24, 2013
Rachel McAdams shines as the frazzled, determined and adorable up-and-coming TV producer, but the movie just doesn't pay her back. Between its plot (The Devil Wears Prada-esque), its feuding anchor dynamic (a watered-down Anchorman) and its cringe-worthy love scenes, all that's left is the cloying happy ending. There is a very good movie hidden in here somewhere, but it's just too formulaic and it grates by the end.
Julie B

October 24, 2010
In the end, it's a rom com. You want it to be about an empowered young woman working her way up the ladder to professional success. You will be disappointed.
Ken S

March 17, 2012
I liked it, didn't love it. One of the better not-totally-generic-but-still-totally predictable rom-com in recent years.
familiar s

January 16, 2012
Not an out and out entertainer, this one's a watchable comedy.
Flutie A

May 25, 2010
Got pretty boring pretty fast. Harrison Ford is pretty annoying.
Cynthia S

September 7, 2010
Intelligent, witty, feel-good comedy with cute'n'perky Rachel McAdams. Harrison Ford was hilarious as the very grumpy, very egotistical, "on air talent". I don't usually enjoy watching chronically grumpy, or egotistical people, but Harrison Ford was so funny it was impossible not to enjoy him.
movieguru12
movieguru12

November 11, 2010
An hilarious and funny movie. Harrison Ford (Mike Pomeroy) is hilarious and Rachel McAdams (Becky Fuller) is just adorable. I found the part with Ernie (Matt Malloy), riding the roller coaster to be hilarious.
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

July 4, 2011
Gloriously enjoyable and fresh as a summer morning! Rachel McAdams is a real beam of energy as the spirited and neurotic Becky Fuller, who after losing her job as a TV producer, goes on a frenetic hunt for new employment. Dead-set on success, not much time passes by before she's hired yet again - altough this time she gets a little more than she bargained for. Quick in pace and nicely written, it's a lighthearted story with a supreme supporting cast. Besides movie legend Harrison Ford, we're also treated to an appearance by the venerable Jeff Goldblum. He seems to have put his career a bit on ice these days, so it's good to see him back in the saddle again, if only for a few scenes. In whatever case though, this is an entertaining humor piece with lots of talents both behind and in front of the camera. A safe bet if you're on the lookout for an easily-digested mood-lifter. And did I mention Harrison Ford is in it?
Thomas J

March 7, 2011
cute rom/com and nothing more.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

January 16, 2011
I actually really enjoyed this movie. To be honest i didnt ave high hopes for this movie in the first place, i thought that all the funny scenes had been shown in the trailer however the movie pleasantly surprised me.
It is a bit slow to begin with but when it gets into it, it turns out to be pretty funny.
I love harrison ford moody character that actually has a heart and i loved rachel mcadams that actually also surprised me.
Its a nice, happy movie that would lighten up your day.
Worth a watch even if its only the once.
cosmo313
cosmo313

June 14, 2010
Yes, well, let's see here. Network is probably the greatest film about the media and the behind the scenes action at television stations, and, while this film tonally is on the opposite spectrum, it is surprisingly not on that same side where quality is concerned.

Yes, this film is not very original, the story is pretty routine, and there's a bit of slightly unnecessary stuff, (the romance side plot), but this film is nevertheless a very charming, well-meaning, and entertaining comedy, even if it is light and breezy.

I sometimes really like light and breezy, and at this time, this was what I needed. It is good, too...very fun. Grumpy Harrison Ford is always a joy to see, and how can you not like Rachel McAdams? I could have used more of Goldblum and a tad more of Keaton, and maybe just a tad bit of substance, but really, that's okay if not all of my wishes got fulfilled.

This is all pretty familiar, but it's comforting, and it is actually done pretty competantly, so yeah, give it a watch.
deano
deano

May 13, 2009
Morning Glory is more of a workcom, Roger Mitchell's direction nailing the hubbub and energy of any thriving workplace. US reviews have compared the movie (unfavourably) to Broadcast News, as it doesn't lambast the dumbing down of news, but that misses the point.
As the egotistical Mike Pomeroy, Harrison Ford is a joy, his grump with gusto is as engaged as he's seemed in a long time. His sparring with Keaton is delicious - watch them duel over who is the last one to say "bye", with impeccable timing - and his scenes with Rachel McAdams trying to chisel a smile on his granite face are a delight.
There are times when you feel convention will mean Pomeroy will thaw and soften. Happily he doesn't. Terrifically bad tempered, Ford could well transform from matinee idol into our generation's Walter Matthau.
But as good as Ford is, the film's ace in the hole is McAdams. In her hands, Becky is driven, smart and winning, delivering her instructions in a sing-song-y gait, settling arguments with googly eyes.
The witty banter back and forth between Diane Keaton and Ford is at times laugh out loud hilarious. I loved their chemistry and the weatherman's antics were the beginning of when my ratings for the movie started to go up.
blkbomb
blkbomb

May 15, 2011
Although I did like Morning Glory, it did what most comedies have been doing. There is nothing original about it and it follows a familiar formula throughout the entire movie. I enjoyed Rachel McAdams though. Her performance is what will make or break the movie for most people. I think your either going to love her or hate her after watching this movie.
Jennifer X

April 28, 2011
The pitter patter bang bang of Rachel McAdams's star-turning performance doesn't give her as nearly enough credit as she deserves. This movie is a Pepto Bismol fizzy glass of champagne full of of loosy goosey screwball fun, and this is largely, wholly thanks to McAdams. How's that for saving an entire film - from frightfully mediocre to completely fantastic? Granted Harrison Ford is a bit of a lemon in this one but it really doesn't detract from the swirling wind-in-your-hair confection it is. And it helps that Patrick Wilson is ridiculously, Ivy League, J. Crew palpitating hot.
Luke B

April 15, 2011
Network-lite, is on display in this playfully satirical, and cute, romcom. It's hard to be cutting edge and biting, when you really just wanna make people smile. That's what you get with this film. On the one hand it attacks the presentation of the news. Dumbing it down for audiences, adding quirky and unnecessary clips etc. But it's also about a woman, struggling to keep her job, and learning to balance work and life. McAdams is great, if a bit too sweet. Ford grabs his role with all the grumpiness he does so well. It's a great role to see him in, as he lurches about beingthe "third worst person alive". Others don't have much to do. In fact, Wilson's love interest isn't needed at all. The film had enough material to focus on in the newsroom. One part where the film does succeed is not taking one side. It shows us the importance and thrill of real journalism, but also the benefits and fun that can be had by the more lighthearted stuff. Unfortunately, in reality, it's all shifting too much in favor of idiocy.
Lewis C

May 21, 2010
Morning Glory is a movie that can be described with a lot of slightly positive words. It's a mildly amusing lite-comedy that's somewhat entertaining, but undeniably bland.

It stars Rachel McAdams as a plucky young television producer hired to try to salvage a Today Show-esque morning program with struggling ratings. She's surrounded by the expected misfits and quirky characters, and has to find a way to improve ratings, save the show, and manage her own personal happiness.

There's a great cast in addition to McAdams, including Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, Patrick Wilson, and Jeff Goldblum, but they're all criminally underused. Morning Glory strays pretty close to being generic at times, it's predictable, and there's not much about it that you'll remember after it's over.

It's not bad, but I wouldn't recommend making it a priority to see. Besides an occasional chuckle or two and how adorably cute Rachel McAdams can be, Morning Glory doesn't have a lot to offer.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

August 24, 2010
Cast: Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, Jeff Goldblum, Patrick Wilson, Ty Burrell, John Pankow, Matt Malloy, Patti D'Arbanville

Director: Roger Michell

Summary: Whiz-kid producer Becky Fuller (Rachel McAdams) finds her abilities put to the test when she's charged with bringing a network morning show back from ratings purgatory. Her first job: getting the show's feuding, acid-tongued co-hosts (Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton) under control.

My Thoughts: "Great film about a young girl who had a dream and is shown very determined to make her dream come true. I had thought it was a romantic comedy, but its much more then that. There's a bit of a romance, but the film doesn't focus on that as much as I had thought seeing the trailers for the film. It's an inspiring film telling us to believe in ourselves and our dreams and that everything we want in life is possible. Great film for young girls I think. Those in college or highschool. Great acting from a very talented cast. It was an unexpected good film. Rachel McAdams really did a great job as Becky Fuller. In the end, a movie that didn't disappoint."
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

August 25, 2010
"Morning Glory" was a movie with lot of fun while I'm watching it.. Not only they have a great cast in here : Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, Patrick Wilson, and Jeff Goldblum, but the director also did a really good job by not wasting their talents and the screenplay was okay.. I really love Rachel McAdams in this movie, it brings me back to the year 2004 when I first idolize her after watching "The Notebook".. Director Roger Michell, who direct another favorite movie of mine "Notting Hill", and scriptwriter Aline Brosh McKenna, who wrote the script for my #2 favorite movie of all time : "The Devil Wears Prada", did a really good job for making the movie so much fun so I enjoy watching it.. Overall, it's a light movie with a great cast that thankfully the crews didn't waste their talents, I like it..