63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Mother India Reviews

December 11, 2013
Undoubtedly, a magnum opus it is! I simply loved Nargis in this film, and the character she portrayed of an Indian mother is one of the most amazing piece of craft ever.
Vishal S.
January 23, 2013
While it blends many elements together and may seem confusing at first, it is a great allegory for India after it achieved independence, using a struggling mother and her family to highlight the differences between right and wrong.
October 2, 2012
Mehboob Khan's epic tells a dynamic presentation of post-independence, post-colonial issues of India. With stellar and memorable performances by Nargis, Raaj Kumar, and Sunil Dutt, "Mother India" is a Bollywood zeitgeist that can be looked back on as a reminder of exceptional filmmaking and the predestined strives of life - and especially those of a "mother."
June 21, 2012
If one can get past the initial incredibly depressing 45 minutes, one is in for a truly satisfying tale of family values, right vs. wrong, and nationalistic symbolism. Nargis is a powerhouse in 'Mother India,' and catapults it into the upper levels of Bollywood fame.

This is one of the better paced Hindi films I've seen --- I actually wish the last half hour of the film could have been extended and thought it felt a bit rushed. One really feels the raw emotion coming from characters and the script while managing to forgo the melodrama that carries (or plagues, depending on who you ask) most Bollywood epics. And the climax? 'Mother India's ending simply has to be seen to be believed.
July 20, 2011
the Epic story of a Lifetime of a Poor Indian Woman, and also the tale of taking Decisions. Mehboob Khan maintained the integrity of Indian Cinema, when only Songs and Dances where made hit.
February 4, 2011
very sad movie..............................it shows the reality
Jane S.
March 5, 2010
brilliant film. complete with the evil money lender.

its at a time and place, no fancy tricks, no fancy story, just a story. And a great one at that.

a aa e ee i ii o oo u uu

Anyone going to India should watch this movie