Movie Crazy

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Movie Crazy Reviews

Cindy I

April 23, 2010
Not quite as good as some of Lloyd's better known efforts, such as The Freshman and and Safety Last, but still very funny. Harold's accident-prone character reminded me so much of myself that it was painful. Some really good sight gags and a happy ending make it a nice "perk you up" kind of film.
Byron B

June 24, 2008
Like his character, Harold Lloyd was not a great actor. But maybe he was!? Maybe it is all part of the persona he created. Anyways, the slapstick made me laugh some. The big fight near the end is thrillingly action packed and humorous. Constance Cummings as Mary impressed me the most. Her playing with the affections of Harold and eventually realizing how true to her he is, makes for a stronger female presence than I'm used to seeing from this time period.
jam233
April 20, 2010
Harold Lloyd is ideally cast as a bumbling aspiring movie star. Probably his best talking picture, his physical form of comedy works quite well, but it?s not as funny as his silent films for some reason. It has a good story and Constance Cummings is very effective as his love interest. Fun and entertaining.
January 3, 2011
This is a good comedy that winds up brilliantly in an amazing action sequence shot on an elaborate set. Amazing camerawork!