Movie Crazy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Movie Crazy Reviews

½ April 23, 2010
Not quite as good as some of Lloyd's better known efforts, such as The Freshman and and Safety Last, but still very funny. Harold's accident-prone character reminded me so much of myself that it was painful. Some really good sight gags and a happy ending make it a nice "perk you up" kind of film.
½ June 24, 2008
Like his character, Harold Lloyd was not a great actor. But maybe he was!? Maybe it is all part of the persona he created. Anyways, the slapstick made me laugh some. The big fight near the end is thrillingly action packed and humorous. Constance Cummings as Mary impressed me the most. Her playing with the affections of Harold and eventually realizing how true to her he is, makes for a stronger female presence than I'm used to seeing from this time period.
½ April 20, 2010
Harold Lloyd is ideally cast as a bumbling aspiring movie star. Probably his best talking picture, his physical form of comedy works quite well, but it?s not as funny as his silent films for some reason. It has a good story and Constance Cummings is very effective as his love interest. Fun and entertaining.
March 23, 2012
Lloyd's brand of physical comedy helps keep this fun and interesting.
March 20, 2012
lloyd's best sound film good comedy!
January 13, 2012
The most hilarious movie I have ever seen!
January 3, 2011
This is a good comedy that winds up brilliantly in an amazing action sequence shot on an elaborate set. Amazing camerawork!
½ April 23, 2010
½ April 20, 2010
August 9, 2009
This was Lloyd's third talkie, and it seems he finally got comfortable with dialogue. The whole film was enjoyable, but the formal dinner ball (a la "The Freshman") was wonderful with the mixed-up magicians coat gags being among the best he ever did. His screen tests are a hoot too. There are enough quick but interesting shots in the film to make me wonder if they were inside jokes. Constance Cummings was very good as Mary/the Spanish vixen. Still, you can't help but watch an HL talkie and know that his best days were behind him. Here's an intersting double feature: "Movie Crazy" and "The Bad and the Beautiful." Talk about an inside look at Hollywood.
July 18, 2009
Another great lloyd talkie
January 25, 2009
Pelicula sonora de Lloyd, con sus habituales caidas, trompazos, gags... Aunque yo siempre creo que es mejor en mudo que hablado. Tiene esta peli momentos gloriosos, divertidos, aunque la historia no tiene ni pies ni cabeza. Me ha sorprendido Constance Cummings de la que apenas he visto pelis, pero aqui tiene un desparpajo muy divertido.
½ June 24, 2008