Mr. Rice's Secret Reviews

Pete S ½ May 13, 2012
happidevil happidevil August 25, 2010
Lordy Lou, not even the presence of Bowie can save this smarmy drama. It so wanted to be Stand By Me but really failed on pretty much every. single. level. No clue as to why Bowie would have even signed up for this. Here is prime example at just how horrible this is, granted, I know kids can be mean, but really, what group of kids is going to beat up another kid, who has cancer and is going through chemo? Skip it... not even a hardcore Bowie fan should submit themselves to this glorified After School Special.
jam233 jam233 November 17, 2009
Sweet well meaning film with a good moral. It's a family oriented film, and one that older kids and adults would like. Good performances from everyone, including the kids. Nicely done. It's not exceptional in any way but it works.
Lee M ½ August 20, 2008
Someone deserves the grand prize for persuading David Bowie to participate in this minor drama .The movie is bland and ordinary and kinda stupid.
Angie Y May 31, 2012
Loved this movie and the incredible story it told. The acting was very solid. One of the best family movies I've seen in quite a while.
Sarah B March 28, 2012
it is a good film with a great message live your life and don't regret anything
jazza923 jazza923 February 6, 2007
Rex Fenestrarum Rex Fenestrarum May 20, 2004
I had this movie on my DVR and it sat there for about a month... because it took four tries to get through it without falling asleep. This movie [i]means well [/i]- it has a unique story and a good (if unknown, aside from David Bowie) cast. But again, like so many movies out there, I just couldn't bring my self to care for any of these people. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do to fix this movie - while it's not really that [i]good[/i], it's not exactly [i]bad [/i]either. Of course, the fact that two of the characters are children with cancer is a downer and the "see it coming from a mile away" ending doesn't help. See it if you want, but don't blame me if you don't like it.