Munchie

Leigh R

June 9, 2008
Eh...
July 18, 2014
Potential elements that are soo bad they are enjoyable.
July 14, 2013
A nerdy boy has a hot mom (Loni Anderson). He has a crush on Jennifer Love Heweitt, but is picked on my fellow students, his teachers and hand mother's creepy boyfriend. Lucklily he finds one of the monsters from Munchies, which is now family-friendly. He uses the monster's powers to enact revenage and harm to his enemies. But, he was a good enough to use the powers for good by getting himself pizza. Pretty horrible in every way, even with Dom DeLuise as the monster's voice.
KevinRobbins
March 13, 2014
Why don't you go inside your box and find yourself a new friend?

A kid finds a box in a cave with a chain around it and a pin. The boy unlocks the chain and a Munchie jumps out of the box. The munchies follows him around and makes his life better and his dreams come true; unfortunately, some of the Munchie's decisions makes the kid's mom's life tougher. The child will have to decide if the pros of the Munchie outweighs the cons.

"I'm Mr. Spock. This is captain Kirk. I think it's time to beam him up."

Jim Wynorski, director of 976-Evil, Ghoulies IV, Munchie Strikes Back, Chopping Mall, Deathstalker II, Big Bad Mama II, The Return of Swamp Thing, and Sins of Desire delivers Munchie. The storyline for this picture is a childhood friendly movie from the 80s that is a little less politically correct than today's films. The comedic content is mediocre and the special effects are just okay. The acting is average and the cast includes Loni Anderson, Andrew Stevens, Dom DeLuise, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Ace Mask.

"How about pulling out that pin so I can get out of here?"

I remember watching this as a kid and not paying that much attention to it. I watched this with my daughter today and I can tell you this doesn't have much going for it. The special effects are lame and outdated. The premise for the film was a completely different direction than Muncies (which I liked better). Overall, I'd skip this picture.

"When I take a lady out I always pay."

Grade: D
September 14, 2013
I miss the late 80's and early 90's, when weird movies like this would be made. This is a fun little film that at it's best is a great character for famed voice actor and comedian Dom Deluise, and at it's worst a poorly puppeted creature and a film which fizzles out towards the end. But I love the concept of the character so much, there's a lot of potential in him!
August 11, 2013
OMG, even my 6 month old grandson puked when this was on Netflix.
Cindy L.
June 10, 2010
Just by reading the description on this movie, my face turned purple from laughter. I say A+ because of the good times it created for me and my best friend, unintentionally hilarious.
bsmith
May 16, 2010
Though it improves on the original Munchies, this un-obtained and unrelated sequel isn't even a reminder of the Munchies franchise. Instead, it feels like a sci-fi version of Air Bud.