Murphy's Romance Reviews

September 22, 2010
Very good movie :) A nice movie to watch on a rainy day when there's nothing else to do. Gardner & Field were great in this movie :)
January 14, 2007
Year in and year out, James Garner delivers. He and Field have great chemistry in this May-December romantic comedy.
½ December 10, 2006
Delightfully old-fashioned and pleasing romantic comedy.
½ January 13, 2014
This fall-spring relationship may be a little bit difficult to understand but James Garner ends up being charming enough to win over Sally Field. One suspects this is due to a lack of options. Very sweet rather than creepy.
December 4, 2011
June 15, 2009
(1985 Director: Martin Ritt) Wonderful chemistry between James Garner and Sally Field in this tale about a divorcee who must pull herself up by her bootstraps who is raising her son on her own after being left by her very flaky ex-husband who resurfaces to complicate her independence. Lots of truths in this film and some excellent humor.
½ April 22, 2009
I didn't expect to like this movie as much as I did. It was serious and funny all at the same time. The cast was great - yes, even the young Corey Haim. James Garner continually surprises me. His best-actor nomination was well-deserved.
½ April 12, 2008
Love this movie...i was a big Corey Haim fan back in the day...lost boys...licensed to Drive the whole Corey time....It's about a single mom who moves her and her son to a new small town. No major action it's just about there life adjusting to this new town.
½ September 28, 2007
I have seen this movie many times over and love to watch it on a Sunday afternoon. It's a movie that always makes me feel good.
July 12, 2007
There wasn't one thing I didn't love about this movie. James Garner is an excellent actor who can play any part to perfection and Sally Field is a seasoned veteran who played her part like it was made for her as she does in all her films. This movie is sweet, funny and inspiring all at the same time. Its one of my all time favorites!
½ July 8, 2007
good movie Fields character and Garner really mix well Haim plays her son..i liked it very much and still watchi it today
June 29, 2007
This is kind of a girlie movie and normally I'm opposed to them but this is just such a good movie with great acting till that overrides everything else. I could watch it over and over and there isn't even a gun in it and nothing blows up!!
May 21, 2007
My grandmother (RIP) LOVED this movie. And she told me to watch it and I finally did. I LOVED it. It is sooo good. Its amazing. I recommend this movie! Watch it. Its really a heart filled movie.
½ February 27, 2007
Funny watching James Garner verbally kick the ex-husbands ass. Music is horrible 80's "Baby Boom" type sax crap.
November 18, 2006
This is one of the few Romantic Comedy's I actually like. By the end of the movie, even I want to end up with Murphy. This is a sweet and more realistic romance movie.
November 11, 2006
This was a cute show with great performances by both Sally Fields and James Garner... it's a shame that it has mostly been forgotten.
August 24, 2015
A cute movie with nice performances all around from James Gardner, Sally Field, and Corey Haim
August 22, 2015
An impeccably written romance with an utterly charming performance from Garner to totally win over Field and audiences alike!
October 9, 2010
Before Bill Murray/Scarlett Johansson's odd pairing, we had Sally Field/James Garner... and while 'Murphy's Romance' isn't nearly as good as 'Lost in Translation,' the acting is top notch, as is the chemistry between the two leads.