Muumi ja punainen pyrstötähti (Moomins and the Comet Chase) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muumi ja punainen pyrstötähti (Moomins and the Comet Chase) Reviews

½ December 26, 2011
(Det här gäller den 2D svenska version.)
January 19, 2013
Watched this with my five year old son and we both enjoyed it. This animated story follows the Moomin characters on an adventure to an observatory in the mountains, where they intend to find out about a comet heading for Moomin Valley. It has a deep fantasy feel to it and the narration is good. Most of the voices are well done and there are some nice moral points in there about materialism, but it's not preaching at all, just part of the lives of the characters. Science fact is discussed by the characters as they try to assess the likelihood of their demise by comet. A likeable children's tale but a bit different from the normal fodder that gets made these days. The animation is very good and evocative of the old fuzzy felt series.
May 20, 2012
The original Polish adaptation was absolutely brilliant and the best screen version of Moomins. And this is a very successful continuation. How much better it is than all these tasteless CG cartoons today!
½ December 26, 2011
(Det här gäller den 2D svenska version.)
October 8, 2011
I want to see this so bad
½ March 10, 2011
Rating based on the ova episodes
November 24, 2010
The opening titles were total cr*p but the movie itself was awesome.