My Queen Karo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Queen Karo Reviews

June 5, 2013
Its Amsterdam in 1974 and some hippies try the free and easy life by squatting in an empty apartment, only there are consequences aplenty in the gap between idealism and necessity. Seen through the wide eyes of a pre-adolescent and intimately filmed, its a nice trip abroad with another though related view of life. I love Amsterdam anyway.
June 5, 2013
An interesting look at the squatter lifestyle for a family that needed to become involved in a collective in order to survive. I just feel sorry for the hedgehog.
November 28, 2010
Too many naked people including children i didn't like it, it's not right.
½ November 4, 2010
Five very exuberant young Belgian hippies, including the child, Karo, move into a building in Amsterdam to start an anarchist, free love, artist squatter commune. When Raven, Karo's father, invites Alice to live with them, this creates tension. There are also problems with the landlord who keeps insisting that they pay rent. This seemed a little amateurish to me and it took me some time to warm to this, but I felt good about it by the end. Three and a half stars.
October 11, 2010
üks Euroopa Filmiakadeemia auhinnakandidaate. sümpaatne, kaasatõmbav ja eluline lugu 70ndate aastate hipikommuunist Amsterdamis. vaatamata aja ja koha määratlusele on teema pädev ka siin ja praegu. Anna Franziska Jaegerile kindlalt läbilöögifilm kinolinal.
September 26, 2010
Lively and colorful drama set in a hippy community in the 70s where we witness the dysfunctionality of 8 year old Karo thru her own eyes, which makes for a couple of chilling moments. By the end I was a bit disappointed as it never really goes beyond expectations, but still worth a watch.