My Father, the Hero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Father, the Hero Reviews

ScoopOnline
December 22, 2007
My Father The Hero is very funny Movie.
puffchunk
October 25, 2007
eh
sanjurosamurai
January 23, 2007
great movie, funny comedy
garyX
½ May 27, 2007
Two words that always strike dread into my heart: "family" and "entertainment". Gerard Depardieu and his cute as pie daughter have heartwarming misadventures while I reach for the sick bucket.
November 9, 2006
It was an okay little movie.
alice5mith
February 12, 2010
Funny and sweet.
iLeo
½ December 25, 2007
Hilarious!
½ September 29, 2007
A past childhood favorite and a guilty pleasure of today.
½ April 21, 2016
This movie is, to me, really good! So funny, a cute romance, i just love this movie! Andre is so funny, so is Nikki, and everyone else! If u haters hate this movie, then I don't care
½ January 24, 2015
My Father the Hero. Fun fact; this was the first film I walked out of. I am now 33 years old, but I still remember vividly the climax of the movie-long comedic buildup. That scene depicts an audience booing a middle-aged man, whom they suspect to be a pedophile, as he plays the piano and sings a spirited rendition of "Thank Heaven For Little Girls." He isn't, in fact, a pedophile- his young teen daughter simply claimed that they were dating in order to impress an older teen love interest. What hijinks! Imagine the hilarity that ensues! Get it? The father is confused by everyone's booing... but it's really because his daughter told everyone that he was a pedophile! L...O...L. Oh, Depardieu- you're too much.

The scene with the song is made all the more impactful by Gerard's accent. There's something even more unnerving about said situation when you're hearing, "Sank Hayven for Leetle Galez!" I can't explain why. Some things, like the song of the Nightingale or the Golden Ratio, just are.

I have very little opinion regarding a singular line that filmmakers musn't cross as related to cinematic tastefulness, censorship or obscenity. However, even those who don't find the premise of this film as abhorrent as I do will still agree that it may not be the greatest idea to build your PG-rated family comedy around a single-layered incest/pedophilia gag that begs for the drummer to hit the two snares and cymbal. However, the drummer knows better.

Really, the funnier movie would be a film about a studio green-lighting this atrocious offering. Kind of like a molestation-themed version of "The Producers." Or not. Anyway, thanks for reading my first review. And hats off to the "My Father the Hero" team. Well done, fellas. -E
½ August 30, 2010
I don't know why I like this movie, but I really do. Good to watch if you don't feel like watching crap or drama.
July 14, 2010
I love these kinds of movies. And Katherine Heigl is so young here, Gerard Depardieu is pretty hilarious, and the story line is classic.
½ January 16, 2009
Wow! I can't believe I actually saw this movie with a VERY young Katherine Heigl. It's too bad Gerard Depardieu wastes his amazing talent as an actor in shit like this.
½ May 26, 2008
I remember liking it when I was 14 and having a big crush on "Nicole", but what I would think of it now...
½ April 29, 2008
I like Katherine Heigl a lot although i thought her character and the story was a little dumb. I am not a huge fan of GĂ©rard Depardieu. I like the other characters and the location. I love the red swimsuit that Faith Prince got to ware.
½ March 24, 2008
I can't believe Gerar Depardeu made this, although he's the only one that saves this movie in any sense and his interpretation of Thank Heaven for Little Girls is very funny.
½ February 4, 2008
Cutie movie that has a sort of weird premise. Katherine Heigl tries to get the guy she likes jealous by pretending her dad is her boyfriend. Ew!
½ April 21, 2016