My Life on Ice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Life on Ice Reviews

June 12, 2007
I thought this film was brillant. I love how the director took full advantage and manipulated and used the MiniDV format which was used to shoot the film this can be seen through the gliches and Etienne's usage of auto-focus. I stumbled upon this film while looking through used DVD's. It's a well done film. It's really crazy when you start to notice Etienne's infatuation for his teacher.
October 1, 2010
Perfect movie for a sleepless night..... You always keep wondering if it is real or are all the very sympathetic characters just acting. Un bijou !!!
January 15, 2009
It's the filming I like. Hand-held filming can be move beyond the usual.
½ December 20, 2008
Authentically intimate and sweet
February 23, 2008
Intelligent, subtle and genuine. Jonathan Zaccai steals several scenes.
½ December 20, 2007
not very good...it has some high points but not very interesting for the most part
August 13, 2007
I adore this movie!! It is just so unbelievably heart-felt. It's all filmed by hand-held camera... Mostly by the main actor, which gives it the reality of it really being Etienne's life on video diary. The main actor is an amazing ice skater and gives a great performance. Seriously... Check it out. You won't be sorry!
October 30, 2006
June 17, 2007
Brilliant concept, more or less pulled off. Not entirely the most gripping storytelling, but the plot feels quite organic and true to the people involved. Definitely worth taking a look.
June 12, 2007
June 4, 2007
Loved this foreign film. Although I don't like documentary like films this one really puts a young boys life on film as he comes to term with his feelings for other men in this French film.
½ December 8, 2006
SO disappointing. I used to figure skate and everything....it stinks.