92% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Les Ripoux (Le Cop) (My New Partner) Reviews

May 17, 2012
I love Paris in the 80s, how 'bout you?
March 26, 2011
Una película que tuvo (inexplicablemente) éxito en Francia y dio para dos o tres secuelas. No se sabe si es comedia, drama o simplemente el director o el guionista no sabían exactamente qué querían hacer. Tiene a Philippe Noiret que es un actorazo, pero nada más. No recomendable.
Luc L.
November 24, 2010
An honest cop teamed with a corrupt one.
Cal Gal
April 11, 2008
A romantic/cop-buddy movie with a Gallic shrug. What could be better?

Phillip Noiret trains his new partner in the difference between working "by the book" and working the streets as they are, and along the way, romances of both the veteran and the newby make us want to be in Paris and in love, no matter our age.

I first saw this in my first five years of married life, and we've watched it many times as we've grown older, and it has something for every age in between.

Unfortunately, it is not available with English subtitles on DVD, and good VHS copies run close to $100, so we've limited our watching of our old Betamax tape to very special occasions.

The American company that released it (Orion Pictures) has be bought by MGM, but their website doesn't find it in their files, so is there any hope we'll ever see it on an American-format DVD? I certainly hope so, but meanwhile, I'm going to borrow or buy (if I have to) a DVD recorder to try to transfer my old Beta version to DVD.
Tsukihime
May 7, 2005
Well im sure that if you are not europeen , or if you dont speak french you probably dont know anything about that movie , im not even sure if it was translated in english , so im gonna make this quick , well the first movie of the series was made in 1985 , story by Claude Zidi , a really funny guy he made lots of really good script , like this one , actually this is the third movie of the series , i cannot say that it was the best one , but still able to make me laugh alot , and if you are able to find that movie , of maybe the first one (my new partner) cause i know this one is available in english , probably with subtitle , not dubbed i would doubt that , anyway , if you have access to that movie , just rent it and see for yourself , French Europeen are the best comedy makers !!

*7/10 is not for the first one , but for "Les Ripoux 3" cause i wasnt able to find this one in rotten tomatoes's database.