My Own Love Song Reviews

bbcfloridabound
½ October 20, 2011
Nothing close to what I normally see from Renee Zellweger, A movie that was doing fine for first 50 minutes then it was like another director took over. It all went down hill from there. 2 1/2 stars
½ December 20, 2010
Refreshingly uplifting, creatively written, talented cast. My Own Love Song was time well spent. Keep an open mind, its different, but maybe thats why I liked it so much. Different is kind of nice once in awhile!
LWOODS04
½ September 15, 2010
Cast: Forest Whitaker, Renée Zellweger, Madeline Zima, Nick Nolte, Elias Koteas, Andrea Powell, Lara Grice, Del Pentecost, Jay Patterson, Michael Harding

Summary: Years after a life-changing car accident that left her paralyzed, a wheelchair-bound woman (Renée Zellweger) embarks on a cross-country journey to reconnect with her long-lost son, accompanied by a friend (Forest Whitaker) who won't let her wallow in self-pity. She used to be a singer, but lately, she's lost her voice. Maybe facing her emotional demons will bring music back into her life. Olivier Dahan (La Vie en Rose) writes and directs.

My Thoughts: "I found it to be a beautiful but simple film. I am not a big fan of Renee Zellweger, but this is the first time I felt like she gave a honest performance. I enjoyed her singing as well. She has a nice voice. I liked how the audience was introduced to the two leads. It jumps right in to who these characters are. It's an artsy film. I liked the poetic commentary from Zellweger throughout the film. I also enjoyed the music as well, which I read that some or all was written by Bob Dylan specifically for the film. Forest Whitaker, I thought, did a fantastic job at playing schizophrenic Joey. He was loving, crazy, but sane all at once. It's a great road-trip film, with some really great characters along the way. For me the film was about dreams, friendship, and acceptance. I loved it. But I am sure it's not going to be a film for all. But do give it a chance."
SC007
February 26, 2012
Renee Zellweger and Forest Whitaker's performances are the best reason to see this film. I found the film to be a bit off focus. It starts out great but in the middle, goes all over the place. They had a good idea for a film, but didn't execute it correctly. The film needed a major rewrite. I did like the music and the songs in the film. The film is worth seeing only for Zellweger and Whitaker's performances.
bamadeb77
August 22, 2010
Cute Film! Enjoyed the Dylan music :)
July 7, 2011
Misfits go on a Road Trip, meet other Misfits.These friendships are valuable learning experiences back to themselves.Despite the Wonderful performances by Renee Zellweger as a Singer in a Wheelchair that exists but does not live, & Forest Whitaker as a troubled man who see's Angels & is prone to fits of rage, & the fact that Renee as Jane sings her heart out, this film, like her voice, left me flat.
May 22, 2012
Nem a brilhante atuação de Forest Whitaker salva essa trama vazia e desconexa.
April 30, 2012
Aunque tenga un inicio de lo mas prometedor, la nueva historia del director de LA VIE EN ROSE se pierde en un continuo intento de humanizar demasiado a los personajes, que aunque las interpretaciones sean lo mejor del reparto, hacen lo que pueden con una historia que no da para mucho, y las buenas Road -Movies ya hace mucho que desaparecieron.
½ December 10, 2011
How did Olivier Dahan, the man who directed La Vie en Rose, mess this up? The idea of the road trip had promise, but it's sappy, disjointed, and ragged. Sometimes it tries to be arty, sometimes philosophical, sometimes motivational - and fails at all. The best part was Renee Zelwegger singing - assuming she did.
½ November 14, 2011
pior filme q vi na vida.
May 21, 2011
We go through life with our emotions as guiders, if you trust them they wont deceive you.
May 10, 2011
This has a new soundtrack by Bob Dylan! Great!
May 4, 2011
Kind of boring and a lot of it didn't make sense.
½ December 8, 2010
**1/2 (out of four)

A well intentioned, yet flawed examination of a woman's journey to reconnect with the son she gave up years earlier.

Renee Zellweger stars as a handicapped woman confined to a wheelchair. Along with a schizophrenic criminal (Forest Whitaker) she embarks on a road trip to Louisiana where the son she gave up for adoption is asking for her to attend his communion.

There are some nice enough moments, but the charatcters are stereoptypical and the script predicatable. Plus there is not really a full pay off in its resolution.
½ December 3, 2010
This movie even features Okra the veggie guy in a split second cameo but that cameo means so much! A beautiful movie in so many ways. Win!