My Tutor

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

My Tutor Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
I only saw this because of Crispin, but it's the worst "falling in love with my hot tutor" movie I've ever seen. The dialogue is horrible and cheesy, as is the storyline and acting. I do not recommend this movie.
rodjeckrich
January 7, 2013
Cheesy and maybe I'm being too nice rating this three stars but My Tutor is a good romp. T and A, funny moments that may be intentional or not, and Crispin Glover in something that he is embarrassed to be in
November 30, 2011
A rather paint by numbers teen sex romp, with a younger guy falling hard for his tutor, but it has its moments sprinkled throughout. The tutor is a cutie, so this one is worth a peep if you have an afternoon to kill.

Rental?
JaredsBaby
August 24, 2008
Way back in the day movie.....alot of sex....so not for everyone....not a good movie....just something to watch if you happen to be woke at around 1am and flicking through the channels.........
firstamb
July 11, 2008
A young teenager enlists a hot chick to be his tutor, and she wants him, in this really obvious teen sex comedy. Every boy?s dream back then was to be with the hot tutor, especially after seeing this.
ChGeor9
March 23, 2008
Good, but I have seen better films about coming of age. However; I still like the film because of certain scenses.
FilmGrinder S.
April 28, 2013
72%

"Time to go to the drug store and get your fit."-Billy (Clark Brandon)

Crispin Glover's first, horray! Routine 80's teen sex romp, with plenty of female nudity. Also, I don't recommend going to Mexico to lose your virginity.
April 22, 2013
i think its very nice movie
Sandman1968
February 18, 2012
There were no shortage of movies like "My Tutor" in the '80's, and many of them had the same common theme of young men being seduced by older and willing women to placate young men's fantasies everywhere. This one ups the ante some by having the woman in question be a teacher, something that was illegal and immoral at the time of its release but would be tolerated even less today considering how many times that has happened in current events.
The film is considerably less vulgar than a lot that came out at the time, even though it does throw in a lengthy and completely unnecessary backstory about Matt Lattanzi and his buddy trying to lose their virginity. That was obviously meant to please fans of these types of comedies. The essential story involved Lattanzi falling for his French tutor, played by Caren Kaye, and despite the tawdry nature of the story it is handled with a surprising amount of sophistication and tact. That makes the whole thing a little easier to swallow. In fact, the film is a lot more a love story than a typical teen sex comedy, but in the same respect it never aspires to be anything more than drive-in fodder.
The boy's crazy, sex-starved antics aren't funny, and the one amusing thing in the movie that I did enjoy was the hired help pandering to Lattanzi's mother even though they speak perfect English and are making plans to attend college. That could have been played up more. As it stands, "My Tutor" doesn't rank with the worst of them, but it doesn't rank much higher. It only has its mind in the gutter about half the time.
Whiskey Pima
January 15, 2012
Caren Kaye is why I sought this film out nearly twenty-five years after seeing an edited and clean version on public television. It never occurred to me that the film was a typical 80's wannabe "Porky's" teen sex romp until recently seeing it pop up as being available on Netflix. Shocked, I watched it and finally, unexpectedly, got to see Kaye's titties in their entirety. Sad but true, that's really all I've got to say about this film. Kaye was primarily a TV actress, so seeing her virtually naked is a bit mind boggling. Oh, and did Crispen Glover look goofy or what? Well, everyone did. It was the 80's...
March 2, 2011
Pretty good 80's teen sex comedy! Took me til now to see it.
Ray K.
April 25, 2010
Not the worst, but not the best either.
jazza923
December 8, 2008
A bit slow at times, and the acting by the two leads is below average. The score is repetitive and the story is predictable. It has some good moments, but overall not very exciting.