• R, 1 hr. 30 min.

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Cattle Call (National Lampoon's Cattle Call) Reviews

Dean !

June 27, 2011
A very poor low budget comedy with Thomas Ian Nicholas of American Pie. It has a few familiar faces, but this is just a rather odd film. It tries to be a bit cheeky and border on a sex comedy but fails pretty bad. Some scenes are just totally random?! Stick to the American Pie series or some of the better known comedies of recent years for more laughs.
Byron B

October 29, 2009
Two of the main ladies, Mollen and Handler, are ok. Bader is supposed to be an awkward creepy character, but he succeeds too much in this, while failing to be funny. The normal recent National Lampoon habit of giving us flat stereotypes and sex sex sex.
September 30, 2009
Thomas Ian Nicholas (American Pie) and 2 friends start a fake casting agency to meet their "soul mates". After they have some fun with these actresses, things start getting out of hand and of course, he falls for the one girl, who is new to the Hollywood scene. Jenny Mollen plays this role very well and is very cute, but it doesn't help the overall plot of the movie. National Lampoon's movies are getting worse and worse...

Awful movie that I never should have rented...
jpadilla616
September 6, 2009
soso movie just to kill the time.I feel like reading a book now ...:) oh a comic book that's exitement ..
John W.
October 5, 2012
Yes, it's an inconsequential piece of fluff and yes National Lampoon is really hit or miss (mostly miss in my opinion, excepting those treasures that are Animal House and the Vacation/Griswold movies), but I actually thought this was pretty funny. It's not breaking any new ground, but it does have great cast, decent story, some good laughs, and some lovely ladies. Great filler when you have an hour and a half to kill.
March 10, 2012
Can I give zero stars? Awful. All the production values of my Dad's home moves from 1966. And hello, makeup? Every actor is shiney.
Philipp B.
October 28, 2010
Can I give this movie 0%? its about a 4%. Not even so bad its good. Just really nothing at all.
Paul Celano
November 27, 2009
Not much to say here. All around pretty bad film. The acting seemed to be ok, but the movie itself was not. When the movie started, I felt like I missed another movie telling me what it was about. The whole concept of the film just was pretty bad. I miss it was National Lampoon use to make good movies.
ratedcb
May 16, 2008
I rented this flick the other day....FUNNY man I really enjoyed the cast and writing. For a Lampoon film not too overboard on the stupid comedy. I lived in L.A. for a few years and this was pretty great they way there were a lot of diggs on how redic the entertainment business actually is out there not to mention the actors and actresses. Overall great rental film I laughed outloud more than a few times.
jazza923
May 8, 2008
Expectedly crude and raunchy, but it's a little better than most of the National Lampoon movies of late. Some of the actors do a nice job, but most are below average.