—— The Identical Sep 05

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Night of Dark Shadows (Curse of Dark Shadows) Reviews

July 7, 2012
I remember seeing this when Dark Shadows was in it's hayday. Enjoyed it then and now it gives the opportunity to revisit the past if even for just a short time.
January 3, 2008
I have always been a huge fan of the series Dark Shadows so now I finally get to see the movie. It hasn't disappointed me one bit.
tenebrous03
January 8, 2008
Dan Curtis shows that once again, he is a poor filmmaker. This is more of the same anti-Christian FUD that gives atheists and pagans their jollies in seeing stereotypical hateful Christians get theirs. I expected so much more from the master of Dark Shadows. This is utter dreck.
Wesley J.
April 16, 2013
I give this a three because i have seen the deleted scenes, and if they could only be incorporated into one glorious Director's Cut of some sort this film would be regarded a lot higher than it is. Even uncut the fim isn't as good as the House of Dark Shadows but it does take us on a more spectacular journey. And i must say that Lara Parker is looking S-E-X-Y throughout the entire film. If i were Prince i would write an entire EP about her and what i think of her. I would call it "Sensual/Wicked/Nectar"
June 3, 2012
Oh how I wish I could give Night of Dark Shadows, the second feature film based on the 1960â(TM)s television soap opera, Dark Shadows, a positive review, I really do, but truth be told, even for a hardcore Dark Shadows fan like me, the film just isnâ(TM)t that good. David Selby, Lara Parker and Grayson Hall, along with tons of other regular members of the soap opera cast all put in perfectly enjoyable performances, but an incredibly weak script isnâ(TM)t helped at all by plodding direction and bad camera work. It could be argued that the thing missing from this film is Jonathan Fridâ(TM)s iconic Barnabas Collins, but I have watched months of the series at a time without the famous vampire and know that the ghoulish fun of Dark Shadows can work even without its most famous cast member. Unfortunately, whatever it was that made the series as much fun as it was, is just lacking from this ponderous mess.
Drakul
June 8, 2011
Though Dan Curtis had to rush to shave off key scenes in this movie, the finished product is a step-up visually than House of Dark Shadows. David Selby does a fantastic job as Quentin and the story is a nice take off of the old show. Be warned-this movie is for Dark Shadow fans only though. If you are planning on watching this, watch House of Dark Shadows or the tv show first or this movie will probably blow to you
amandakstetson1
August 11, 2005
I'd have to say this is one of, if not my favorite film that Kate did... It's pretty crazy and sticks with the unusual theme that the Series DARK SHADOWS portrayed to begin with... It's always changing and the ending will surprise you, if you have not seen it yet...