No Good Deed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Good Deed Reviews

DerekA101
½ August 4, 2008
No Good Deed is very reminiscent of your stereotypical 90's cops and robbers drama. It's fun, but there's' not much more you can say about it. The film unfolded in a very linear pattern and each character was stereotypical... nothing surprising.

I found my man Samuel L Jackson to be a little flat, as well as Jovovich. They seemed bored... but she still some how managed to find her way topless in front of the camera. Stellan Skarsgard however was exceptional....

If you're a fan of either of those 3, definitely give this film a shot. Or if you're interested in a typical cops and robbers movie, check it out.
puffchunk
October 17, 2007
THe only good thing about this one was the Sam Jackson played a hardcore cello.
xxdebxx
March 11, 2010
Samuel L. Jackson plays a cop who works in grand theft auto, but decides to help a grieving neighbor by finding her runaway daughter, believed to be with a boyfriend on Turk Street. He stumbles on a gang of bank robbers who takes him hostage because they think they've been discovered. The elements include the mastermind and ruthless gangster, a femme fatale , and rude maniac hit-man. Milla Jovovich as Erin does a good job of playing a femme fatale and is highly believable in her role as a woman who plays all the men against each other. Doug Hutchinson of The Green Mile makes a great Hoop and was very convincing. Stellan Skarsgård as Tyrone is the boss and mastermind. His biggest task seems to be holding everything together and breaking up fights among his hang of misfits. Fairly watchable.
½ April 3, 2012
Nothing to impressive here as No Good Deed just kind of trickles along and though it is never dull it never really becomes good either.
February 1, 2012
This was ok, on the verge of two and a half though. The story seemed to go no where and the characters weren't really developed all to well.
½ January 13, 2010
Though it had an interesting premise, and the acting was pretty well done, the one major problem with "No Good Deed" was that for a lot of the film it was like....boring. I don't know how else to put it....it had a lot of dull moments. But some ways the film was executed saved it from being ABSOLUTELY horrible.

So basically when SLJ goes to look for his neighbor's daughter, he has no idea what he's getting himself into. He's taken hostage by a whole group of robbers, and he has to find a way out. Most of the film is dialogue going on between the criminals, and their plans about getting out of the country. Other scenes are of Jackson pretending to escape, or him playing music. And that's basically your film.

The acting was split in half. A few actors did good jobs with their rolls, and some didn't Jackson, Jovovich, and Starsgard all did well, and yes Milla did act well, and I was pretty surprised. The acting that the old couple did was a little silly, and the crazy dude (I don't know his name), was just ridiculous throughout the whole thing. So I don't know....

Something that was really annoying, was that in the first half off the film, some of the continuity shots really frustrated me. Jackson says he doesn't wanna do something, but the next shot is of him doing it! And that happens like literally 4 times in the movie. If it's gonna happen, tell me that he agrees! What...are we just supposed to presume that he gives in? What the hell? Anyway....that pissed me off. There were a lot of tight close ups on the actors eyes, didn't really think that was necessary, but whatever. Some of the shots of the music playing were done well though.

I guess it was a pretty entertaining flick. It got really dull at certain points, the acting was good, but got kind of ridiculous at points, and the cinematography was pretty well handled. The only problem with "No Good Deed", was that those dull points made the film REALLY dull, and that's how this movie suffered, and that's why it wasn't as good as it should have been.
½ January 11, 2010

½ May 19, 2008
Excellent movie! It was great, the only reason that it did not deserve 5 full stars was the make out seen and the language.
March 24, 2008
Not too many thrills in this thriller. It's downright boring at times. Milla Jovovich has absolutely no sparkle, Samuel L Jackson even looks bored. The editing is pretty good though, as is the score.
June 8, 2007
So many people missed this one because it got no hype. But is really an exciting good movie. Sam Jackson and the Beautiful Milla Jovovich are great.
½ March 31, 2007
Besides the Resident Evil films,No Good Deed and Million Dollar Hotel is one of Milla Jovovich's best movies if you ask me,although I LOVE The Fith Element.
February 8, 2015
Samual L Jackson starring in a film noir with Stellan Skarsgard call me curious of this forgotten one, not to be confused with that other "no good deed"
½ April 3, 2012
June 17, 2013
this film is a joke,
½ May 28, 2013
I wasted an hour and a half on this rubbish, would have given up sooner if it were not for the veteran cast, unbelievably terrible acting from some terrific actors made this film even worse than if it had been a bunch of am dram's, at least they could have been forgiven! This is the worst film I have ever seen, and I've seen some stinkers! I actually would rate Hercules in New York as a much better film!