No Small Affair - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Small Affair Reviews

½ January 12, 2008
Actually quite like this sweet little movie. Jon Cryer was so likeable as a teen actor and it is just 80's overload with bad music and big hair on Demi.
Actually, the 80's ruined my life. Lol. Watching this sort of thing growing up, I thought I would hit a certain age and magically be this glamorous and live in one of these quirky, run down, but cool units 80's heroines always seemed to live in.
I am not a fan of Demi generally, but she does play this part well.
I also didn't realise a very young Jennifer Tilly is also in this one (bonus).
September 6, 2010
An okay romance movie, I want to see it again though, I saw it on TV a long time ago.
movieguru12
May 30, 2008
Possibly one of the cutest romantic comedies of the 80s. Jon Cryer is adorable as the 16 year old photographer trying to win over the heart of a 22 year old Demi Moore. If your looking for a good movie you should watch this!
December 4, 2011
February 22, 2010
A talented young cast of some major future stars aren?t utilized to their best, but there are some great moments in the film. I just wish there were more of them. It is an entertaining film, a few slow stretched don?t do much damage to the overall effect of the film. Good music. It?s a bit silly, but also a bit sweet.
February 22, 2010
60/100. A talented young cast of some major future stars aren't utilized to their best, but there are some great moments in the film. I just wish there were more of them. It is an entertaining film, a few slow stretched don't do much damage to the overall effect of the film. Good music. It's a bit silly, but also a bit sweet.
½ January 16, 2008
Moore gives an interesting performance. The acting and directing talent is there, all around. Still, despite a heartfelt ending, the screenplay sadly never manages to truly rise above the conventions of the era/genre.
December 29, 2006
I know, it's cheesy, but I love this film. Jon Cryer is just too cute! Demi Moore's character wld be considered a sexual predator by today's standards.
October 31, 2015
Teen photographer develops a (slightly disturbing) obsession with 22 year-old aspiring rock singer Demi Moore, with intentions of vaulting her to stardom. Another 80s teen movie that could use a touch of John Hughes magic, not to mention some more appealing supporting characters.
½ September 17, 2014
Demi Moore in the 80's and the initial part of the male lead, the only parts which deserve any note
½ January 12, 2008
I am not a fan of Demi generally, but she does play this part well.
I also didn't realise a very young Jennifer Tilly is also in this one (bonus).
½ June 30, 2013
Typical early Demi flick... I wasn't very impressed with this one.
June 20, 2013
this movie was not only fun but a good romance /friendship between jon cryer and demi moore. they have good chemistry together and he is definitely persisitant in winning her affection but is never creepy or stalker like which is a fine line that jon cryer does beautifully. you root for him to be with her and well like the title says it is no small affair :)
May 23, 2013
Cute, fun, enjoyable and harmless.
½ March 10, 2013
Surprisingly overlooked film from the 80's. Demi Moore at her peak as well as the launch of many major actors. Fans of SF can see the glory of the City back in the day.
½ September 18, 2012
Small Affair is a cute romantic comedy from the 80's that captures the audience's attention.
December 4, 2011
August 9, 2011
This movie had even more stars than I expected from the description, like Jenifer Tilly as the teen who wants Jon Cryer. ;) Though the clothes were typical '80's atrocious and Demi didn't sing a note herself this movie was okay. I enjoyed Jon Cryer's performance as an awkward teen. :)
July 8, 2011
Pretty poor movie considering the cast.
September 6, 2010