Not Since You - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Not Since You Reviews

½ July 30, 2011
Nice movie. A little slow. Ok..maybe alot slow, but well done, and filled with recognizable faces.
LWOODS04
April 14, 2010
Cast: Desmond Harrington, Kathleen Robertson, Christian Kane, Jon Abrahams, Sunny Mabrey, Will Estes, Elden Henson, Sara Rue, Barry Corbin, Liane Balaban, Victoria Leigh

Director: Jeff Stephenson

Summary: Formerly close college friends reunite for a weekend wedding, and old feelings arise, causing both conflicts and romantic dilemmas. Married Amy (Kathleen Robertson) finds herself torn when her old love, Sam (Desmond Harrington), appears after years abroad. Meanwhile, Howard (Jon Abrahams) tries to forgive Billy (Will Estes) for stealing his college sweetheart (Sunny Mabrey), while dispirited Fudge and Southern girl Doogs form a tenuous bond.

My Thoughts: "I am pleasantly surprised that this film was not as bad as I had thought it would be. The acting is good and the story is OK as well. Some of it was a bit cheesy, but not over the top. I haven't seen most of these actor's in a film in quite some time.
The film is a bit slow but I think it was done intentionally so you could focus on the character's and their stories. Although, you really don't get to know them enough to care for them. I really liked Jon Abrahams and Sara Rue in the movie. They were fun character's. A good little romance flick that was in the end really about finding closure. Worth taking a look at."
August 23, 2012
A little formulaic and predictable, and there were characters that I never liked over the course of the entire film. But, it was worth watching Desmond Harrington...Mmmm!
½ July 31, 2012
It is just sad to live in the past, and here we see a handful of characters who have been wandering in and out of an unresolved past for over 7 years. Their sullen reactions to reconnecting with old friends casts a dark shadow over those who had moved past the past. I would have loved to gotten to know the children's book writer a little bit more. She seemed interesting...and what about the newly married couple? How did they fit? Or was their wedding just an excuse to bring everyone back together for the plot? I am guessing the latter of the two. I guess we all want to be longed for by those past loves. It gives us power and value, even if we do nothing with it. But...do we really want those we cared about urning for years over something they can't have. Shouldn't we wish for them rise to a higher level of consciousness and move on into a happier life? After all, if we truly loved them once, they must have some redeeming qualities. Wouldn't and shouldn't we want the best for them? The more love and happiness in the world the better, right? And I guess in the end, that is the point of the film, even though it was somewhat exhausting getting there.
½ September 9, 2011
I found and watched the movie because I was a fan of the actors. Unfortunately, even their best efforts couldn't make up for the slow pace of the movie. Even the music was lethargic and failed to inject some much-needed energy into the film. There was lots of potential, and ultimately nothing paid off. By the end, I didn't care how it ended, I just wanted it to end.
½ July 5, 2011
This is a movie about a very conflicted group of friends. Things in their past separated them and now the marriage of a close friend brings them all back together for the wedding weekend. Some strange things happen and a lot is revealed before the "I Do's".
May 28, 2011
Kind of like an extended country music video-- not as bad as that sounds, but not a lot more interesting. Kind of sweet.
½ April 2, 2011
A little slow to start and it takes a while to get all the characters down. There were quite a few REALLY great lines and the back stories were wonderful for the characters. It is a little predictable but had some great unusual angles and choices that were not typical of this type of movie. I recommend to anyone who likes real to life movies and even the romance fans will enjoy this.
½ November 30, 2010
This film made me have so many different emotions towards it. One point you were laughing and the next you were crying. Sometimes I was even angry at the characters because they weren't falling in love with the people I wanted them to. I loved it in the end though because everyone was happy and accepting of each other's choices. The movie goes to show that you can't just worry about your feelings but that you have to consider other people's feeling's as well as your own. The film turned out to be amazing and I recommend it to everyone.I highly recommend it to people that like sappy love movies!
½ July 7, 2014
Monday, July 7, 2014

(2009) Not Since You
DRAMA/ ROMANCE

Co-written and directed by Jeff Stephenson, starring Desmond Harrington as Sam Nelson a struggling writer, who's just stopped by to a town near Georgia, for a wedding invitation. Unbeknownst, to find out that his ex-girlfriend, Amy Smith (Kathleen Robertson) of seven years had already been married to a guy who has just given him a lift from the airport. This is just one of many blatant unresolved issues we're showcased here which is obviously another cheapie 'reunion' type of movie. We're then introduced to more quirky characters as it's reminiscent of "The Big Chill", "Beautiful Girls", "Return of the Secaucus Seven" etc... Take my word for it, all of these examples and more are superiorly better.

I practically had to re-watch the beginning twice to grasp hold of it's several characters since it's blatantly thrush at it's viewers assuming we would already understand their petty love problems. One of the most convoluted characters I had ever witnessed in a movie is when a guy who does nothing but drink beers all day and all night, I dunno, by the name of Joey 'Fudge' Fudgler (Elden Henson) and throughout the entire movie, the movie never shows him drunk. This must be the first. It's entire synopsis as well as it's dialogue is like something I'd write if I was still in high school trying to hit puberty. The only authenticity this movie contained is the final few minutes, ending which can't make up for the garbage viewers had to endure.

Bomb
January 18, 2014
College friends reunite for a weekend for a wedding between two of them. Unresolved romances and conflicts between the group, add to the drama of the romantic wedding in a beautiful setting.
½ February 16, 2013
Worst movie ever. No plot.
½ January 27, 2013
Absolutely pathetic. Predictable, snail's pace, terrible script and poorly directed. other then that it's just super
August 23, 2012
½ July 31, 2012
July 30, 2012
Cute and light movie about friendships, pasts and rebuilding for the future. Every character is endearing.
December 20, 2011
reminds me of a lot of things n my frnds
October 15, 2011
It did start a bit slow but by doing so it focused on character development. It did seem a bit unbelievable that Amy might still be interested in Sam for several reasons. One - he left her without a thought years earlier. Two - he never contacted her all of the years he was gone. Three - her husband, Ryan is clearly very much still in love with her and attracted to her. Since Ryan is much better looking than Sam it would seem to be a no brainer to stay with that hottie.
½ September 9, 2011
½ June 18, 2011
Chassà (C)s-croisà (C)s amoureux entre 5 couples, ça fait beaucoup d'embrouilles...