—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

O. Henry's Full House Reviews

familiar s

July 20, 2013
Despite of being too dated, it fared relatively well. Maybe it didn't work for me that well because I watched it while I was home alone.
jjnxn
jjnxn

September 3, 2008
Some wonderful short stories interlaced with a few duds, all introduced by John Steinbeck, the one that towers above the rest is "The Last Leaf" touching and beautiful with delicate lovely performances from all three actors.
Jason R

February 23, 2012
An Amazing cast and five very talented and legendary directors bring to life a series of short stories written by O. Henry. A really great film, combined with the timeless and memorable stories that inspired it. Makes O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE, a very entertaining and moving motion picture experience.
mmars2
November 16, 2009
Provides a glimpse into the character of O. Henry's masterful storytelling. Although these are film shorts, they come off rather theatrical so at time the acting is somewhat overwrought (The Necklace and The Leaf") but "The Cop and the Anthem" with Richard Widmark is wonderful and I much appreciated "The Clarion Call" which to me is a wonderful little period piece. I would like to say that these could be used in H.S. literature classes but there's much inescapable stereotyping and I don't think today's kids would be able to relate to any of the stories - except perhaps Widmark's vainly invincible criminal in "The Cop and the Anthem"
Sean Michael Smith
December 23, 2012
Great directors, great actors, and great writing makes "O. Henry's Full House" an interesting look into an older world through the mind of a genius writer.
Jason R

February 23, 2012
jazza923
April 15, 2007
Interesting quintet of stories in one film. All of them are good, the one with Charles Laughton is the best one. Nice cast, well directed. Touching, amusing and enjoyable.