On Our Merry Way Reviews

jjnxn
June 29, 2013
How'd they get so many top rank stars to appear in this meager offering? Not dreadful but very minor. Jimmy & Henry's segment is the best plus there's a chance to see MacMurray & Demerest team up years before My Three Sons.
October 24, 2010
A drama anthology film if that interests you, I found it annoying, they should have stuck with the first story.
½ June 27, 2006
Started off kind of slow, but then began to build up steam after the introduction of Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewarts characters.
April 24, 2015
I heard someone say baby...

An aspiring writer is down on his luck and can't write anything worth reading but worthless animal stories. His wife gives him a line to ask people, "tell me how a child has impacted your life." The reporter asks famous musicians, actresses, and politicians this question and receives unique stories of cruel children that impacted their lives for the better.

"What types of eggs are those?"
"Chicken eggs, whatja think?"

Four directors collaborate to deliver this interesting picture containing a wide range of characters and situations. The plots were interesting and felt like a series of short stories within an overarching primary plot. The characters are interesting and fairly well developed. The cast delivers above average performances and includes Burgess Meredith, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Paulette Goddard, Fred MacMurray, and Harry James.

"Do you have to wear the bathing suit for the contest?"

I DVR'd this some time ago off Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and finally got around to watching it. I was impressed by the cast and their performances and the kids were interesting and fairly unpredictable. Overall, this is a fairly average movie that could have been better but was worth a viewing.

"You are a very mean, nasty little girl."

Grade: C+