100% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Chakushin ari 2 (One Missed Call 2) Reviews

Kylie B

November 2, 2008
Somehow this film manages to tie itself into the first and have an almost completely different plot, especially in terms of the ghost's M.O. I enjoyed it, but the first is, as usual, superior due to novelty and slickness (it was a Miike film, what do you expect?).
Drew S

September 2, 2007
This movie is excruciatingly boring. Following in the footsteps of its average but entertaining predecessor can't have been that difficult, and yet it still manages to drop the ball.

There are no interesting elements in the plot. One Missed Call 2 basically takes the main part of the first movie's storyline - the killer phone call - and streamlines it through the entire movie. None of the slightly ham-fisted psychological elements or anything show up...just tawdry ghost horror.
roseypie
roseypie

August 6, 2008
there were a fewer deaths on this one. the young ghost wasn't really as scary as they wanted her to appear.
Anthony V

April 8, 2008
Not as good as the first.
MichelleasaurusRex
December 13, 2008
Not bad. Japanese horror movies are always so fun to watch. This one wasn't as good as the other ones that I've seen. This movie was smart and really cool. I know if they make an American version of it, it will probably suck. Just like the American One Missed Call.
December 4, 2008
I find it funny that the movie Takashi Miike intended as a joke, 'One Missed Call' warranted sequels and a remake that were taken seriously. While a far sight better than the awful American remake, this is still pretty trite, low-grade stuff with little in the way of atmosphere or scares.
Waanderlust
June 29, 2008
Exactly what you'd expect from a sequel. Not as good as the first, but not too bad either. What I didn't like was that the story was harder to follow but less compelling, and the messages themselves were not as chilling as they were in the first movie (nor the deaths). Also there were no subtitles so you had to listen to the atrocious acting of the voice-overs which in itself was bad enough to make me want to turn the wretched thing off. But if you can get it to work with subtitles than I'd say it's worth watching.
Ken D

June 8, 2008
Some very creepy and disturbing scenes in this movie. Also a very dramatic ending that left no loose ends. Well done.
May 5, 2008
This was good. The end got a little slow, and then I didn't know what happened. But that seems common with me and movies made in Japan, so... I figure I'm just dumb.
soulxside
January 1, 2008
Confusing mess of a film. It's as though Miike lobbed them a perfectly placed underhand toss and they knocked it into the stands behind them (excuse the baseball analogy) and then threw the bat at the pitcher and then pooped in their hand and smeared it into the umpire's face.

Ok - I don't know what I'm talking about with all of that - seriously though, this film sucked. It looked like a real film with decent production values and resonably acceptable acting... but then when the story begins to unfold, you realize they must've made it up as they went along - and they were high the whole time. The scrapped everything set up in the first film and made up new shit... what they made up though was nonsense with no cohesion. It's odd too, because the first 20 minutes of the film look really promising and even familiar... after that, they lose it.

On top of everything, this film is slow and uneven, and the death count is pretty low. I suggest avoiding this one.

The US DVD set of this contains a short film called GOMU - it's a 3 minute joke... it's filmed with a digital handheld for no money - it features the girl from the film and she's older... a guy becomes a victim of the curse in a bit of a silly way. Not worth purchasing to see it, but if you bought it already - check it out.
mixedsignal82
July 20, 2007
Not as good as the first but I did love it. Some parts I had to watch it two times to get the full details. Maybe because it was in subtitled. Its a must for a true horror fan, but please watch the first one. Too broken up into so many other stories that it made it hard to follow
April 10, 2012
While not a terrible Japanese horror movie, it is so far from the things I loved about [chakushin ari] that I have no desire to see the third entry of the franchise. Could've been and should've been better.
July 10, 2011
im confused if that girl is mimiko still but like it still
robert p.
January 31, 2011
I thought this movie was really good, not as good as the first and the final entry, however, this had its fame. The story went off focus from the first movie but the general idea of it is the same. Great acting, death scenes and effects. Im not to sure but just somthing about this film made it less appealing than the other two. I guess i just got boared a ways into the film. One thing i must say, this movie had one of the most painful deaths ever in a movie.
October 16, 2010
A top notch sequel to a top notch J Horror hit.
Andale
September 12, 2009
That was a cool and fun ride.