One Eyed Jacks (1961)
Average Rating: 6.2/10
Reviews Counted: 13
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 6
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Jan 1, 1961 Wide
Average Rating: 3.5/5
User Ratings: 2,859
Western bandit Kid Rio (Marlon Brando) is betrayed by his partner, Dad Longworth (Karl Malden). Escaping from prison, Rio learns that Longworth has become a wealthy and influential lawman. Rio thirsts for revenge, but bides his time, waiting for the right moment to strike. In the meantime, Rio spitefully seduces Longworth's adopted daughter, Louisa (Pina Pellicer). After killing a man in self-defense, Rio is publicly whipped by the powerful Longworth. When Rio's old gang accidentally kills a
Jan 1, 1961 Wide
Aug 4, 1998
Elisha Cook Jr.
Rodopho (Rudy) Acost...
Nika Flamenco Dancer
Bouncer in Shack
Harry "Snub" Pollard
John Michael Quijada
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Lumbering and bloated, often compelling, always gorgeous, and at times astonishingly bizarre.
No review available.
Stylish Brando produced, directed, starring western.
Scenic and overlong, taking a long time to sigh and brood for just another standard revenge Western.
Very cool. It's too bad Brando never directed again.
Audience Reviews for One Eyed Jacks
- Kid Rio: You're a one eyed jack around here Dad.
- Kid Rio: Get up you scum sucking pig! I want you standing when I open you up.
- Kid Rio: Get up, ya big tub o' guts!
- Bob Emory: They're enough scattergun down to start war, besides it might do him some good to get rid of some of that snotnose!
- Bob Emory: Give me that money,or I'll blow yer liver.
- Kid Rio: I'd say you're shy a few manners.
Discuss One Eyed Jacks on our Movie forum!
Featured on RT
- One-Eyed Jacks (DE)
- One-Eyed Jacks (UK)